Stress test

We need more info, what are the bios settings?

Vcore - 1.28125, but what about FSB, multi, memory speed, memory timings, memory divider, vDIMM etc?

1.28v - 1.3v should get you 3.60 stable (depending on the chip), what speed are you attempting?

Check this out for a Stress Tester. I've been using V2.0 up till now.

Version 3.0 is out now. And it's a brilliant utility that'll give you graph outputs and stress more than your CPU, NB, RAM...

We need more info, what are the bios settings?

Vcore - 1.28125, but what about FSB, multi, memory speed, memory timings, memory divider, vDIMM etc?

1.28v - 1.3v should get you 3.60 stable (depending on the chip), what speed are you attempting?

FSB is 400mhz, muti is 9 memory speed is set to auto, timing is 5-5-5-15, memory divider??? is not listed in my BIOS, vDimm is 2.1.

FSB termination is 1.1v, NB volt 1.16v

I upped the voltage (under 1.3) couple of more time and now it seem really stable. I ran Prime95 for 10 hours 46 min and no errors. Handled it fine. Temp were around 40c to 44c

I was wondering a couple of the things are set to auto like memory speed and other stuff should i change it to manual?

Also my Ratio goes from 6 to 9 i cant put it to 1:1

Remeniz that for the link i will try it out.

memory speed set to Auto is the divider option iirc (been a while since I used an Asus m/board)

You should set your memory 533 in the bios if it isn't already running at that, cpuz (Memory Tab) will tell you what speed your memory is currently running at.

To get your memory to run 1:1 you'd need a front side bus of 533MHz which may be possible but I doubt it. You'll have to be content with using a divider.

The ratio you are refering to is actually the CPU multiplier which is totally different, it takes your FSB and mutiplies it to give your CPU speed which is 400MHz FSB x 9 multi which equals 3.6GHz CPU speed

Good to see you got your oc stable, well done, 10 hours prime95 is good and stable. If you are confident of your coolers capacity and really want to test for max stability run IntelBurnTest, it is a killer for finding even the smallest instability in an oc (if you decide to try it keep an eye on your temps as it really stresses the cpu)

memory speed set to Auto is the divider option iirc (been a while since I used an Asus m/board)

You should set your memory 533 in the bios if it isn't already running at that, cpuz (Memory Tab) will tell you what speed your memory is currently running at.

My memory is running at 420 Mhz. I doubt i will be able to get to those speeds.

To get your memory to run 1:1 you'd need a front side bus of 533MHz which may be possible but I doubt it. You'll have to be content with using a divider.

The ratio you are refering to is actually the CPU multiplier which is totally different, it takes your FSB and mutiplies it to give your CPU speed which is 400MHz FSB x 9 multi which equals 3.6GHz CPU speed

Oh ok I didnt know it was the Ratio between CPU and RAM. Its all makes sense now. That why i was asking if that was the ratio. :D

Good to see you got your oc stable, well done, 10 hours prime95 is good and stable. If you are confident of your coolers capacity and really want to test for max stability run IntelBurnTest, it is a killer for finding even the smallest instability in an oc (if you decide to try it keep an eye on your temps as it really stresses the cpu)

Thanks, its my first OC. I proud of myself:D Thanks for all your help

I just had one more question could i get the Ratio between FSB and RAM by lowering the multiplier and raising the FSB. i mean i know it possible but its it possible on my board.

My memory is running at 420 Mhz. I doubt i will be able to get to those speeds.
But it is 1066Mhz memory, it is designed to run at 533MHz DDR (Double Data Rate) which is 1066MHz so it should do it easily, you are currently underclocking it at 420MHz (840)

I just had one more question could i get the Ratio between FSB and RAM by lowering the multiplier and raising the FSB. i mean i know it possible but its it possible on my board.
you can try 533MHz FSB but be aware that not all chips/boards can achieve high FSB, you'll need to increase your VTT (FSB voltage) and probably your northbridge voltage if you do decide to try.

533*6 is the place to start (if you want 533MHz FSB that is), once you have the FSB stable (if it is possible) you can then aim for 533*7 (3.73GHz) or 533*7.5 (4.0GHz).

Other factors like clock skew will come into play when attemting high FSB overclocking so be prepared for a lot of trial and error type testing of settings.

Good luck

:)

Back
Top Bottom