Flashing bios

Not sure what OS you are using but use the link below to get the correct files. It should be the correct board (Intel Desktop Board DG33BU).

Here is an explanation from Intel's site on the different options you have to Flash your bios.

There are five options for updating your Intel® Desktop Board BIOS (you only need to download one).

Important Notes:

The Readme file includes BIOS update instructions for advanced users. If you need more complete step-by-step instructions on how to use each of these BIOS update methods, click here.
Update the BIOS on your computer only if the newer BIOS version specifically solves a problem you have. We do not recommend BIOS updates for computers that do not need it. You can view all new BIOS fixes in the Release Notes.
Before initiating a BIOS update, be sure to read and precisely follow the instructions included in the Readme. You may wish to print the instructions for easy reference.
If a BIOS update process is interrupted, your computer may not function properly. We recommend the process be done in an environment with a steady power supply (preferably with UPS).
For tips on troubleshooting BIOS issues on Intel® Desktop Boards, refer to Troubleshooting BIOS Issues.

Recovery BIOS Update [DP0517P.BIO] - A .BIO file to be used for BIOS recovery process, regardless of operating system. In the unlikely event that a BIOS update is interrupted, it is possible the BIOS may be left in an unusable state. Use the Recovery BIOS update to recovering from this condition. It requires a blank floppy diskette or CD.

ISO Image BIOS Update [DP0517P.ISO] - Bootable ISO image BIOS update; this is the recommended method to update the BIOS on systems running Linux*. It requires a blank CD and a read/writeable CD drive.

Iflash BIOS Update / Integrator Toolkit BIOS Files [DPP3510J.86A.0517.BI.ZIP] - A DOS-based utility to update the BIOS regardless of operating system. It requires a CD or a USB flash device. This download also provides the necessary files for Intel® Integrator Toolkit. Support and FAQs for Intel® Integrator Toolkit are available here.

Express BIOS Update [DPP3510J.86A.0517.EB.EXE] - Self-extracting Windows*-based update file includes Software License Agreement and the utility for updating the BIOS. It is designed to be used on Windows* systems. This method is the most commonly used.

Iflash BIOS Update [DPP3510J.86A.0517.IB.EXE] - A DOS-based utility to update the BIOS regardless of operating system. It requires a blank floppy diskette, a bootable CD or a bootable USB device.

Read Me (pdf) Release Notes (pdf)

Choose your OS

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=2780&lang=eng

the best and safest way to flash your bios is through Floppy.
But i dont think you can OC after you are done flashing if its by Gateway, and i dont know if the BIOS from the main site of the Motherboard would work or not. Its not best to cross flash. Though i could be wrong since i never did this before on a factory built PC.

if the flash is strictly for trying to get some overclock features in your bios forget it, IIRC only the high end Intel motherboards allow overclocking, if everything else is fine, I'd just leave that board alone and try to find one that does overclock if it's that important to you...

if you have decided you absolutely must flash the bios use a flashdrive and make it bootable, using a flashdrive is probably the second most reliable way to flash your bios besides floppy, but who has a floppy drive anymore...? I know I don't, anyway, imo when flashing your bios you want as few "middle men" as possible, examples are windows, an internet connection, etc., just remember that you can brick your motherboard if the flash goes wrong...

ahh fuck it oh well..thanks for the help guys..yeah dont wanna f my bios up again after my last time i resorted to flashing.

the only time i ever flash now would only if one of my parts were incompatible with the current BIOS, and the new BIOS might fix it.

Back
Top Bottom