Bought off Woot

Best to hardwire it with a kill switch and put it where it's hard to see in the first place, over by your driver's side A-pillar on the window.

Not to sound noobish, but what is that thing? Is it something that detects cop cars and shit?

I'm going to buy one for my car if it is :D

Not to sound noobish, but what is that thing? Is it something that detects cop cars and shit?

I'm going to buy one for my car if it is :D

people think it detects cops

it dosent

what it does, it detects certin frequencys of lasers, most commonly the one used by cops and speed guns.

when it detects a speed gun laser, it beeps

the downfall, is taht the cop has to pull the laser trigger to send the laser out, since the guns are not continuosly fireing.

there are some traffic units that are tho, so ucan get away with that

but for the most part, they detect the laser when the cop pulles it, so if he pulls it on u and no1 else, your screwd

Best to hardwire it with a kill switch and put it where it's hard to see in the first place, over by your driver's side A-pillar on the window.

I was thinking this to. I reckoned (if i cared this much) i would hard wire it into the car and put the display in the wing mirror or in the central mirror and replace the silver backed glass with some two way mirror. So when the device is on the light from the display is strong enough to be seen but when the kill switch (i'd wire into one of the indicator stalks or something) was hit the device would go off and the display would be invisible.

I was thinking this to. I reckoned (if i cared this much) i would hard wire it into the car and put the display in the wing mirror or in the central mirror and replace the silver backed glass with some two way mirror. So when the device is on the light from the display is strong enough to be seen but when the kill switch (i'd wire into one of the indicator stalks or something) was hit the device would go off and the display would be invisible.

You'd have to have a way to get the display to the mirror. I suggests hacking a rear view camera. And you can make the kill switch the window locks button or something.

Yea something like that. But i think it wouldn't be worth it for the sake of getting to risk your life. I do enjoy projects like that tho. There fun.

Unless they are illegal, you shouldn't get them taken away, harassed about it, or fined extra for having it. I'm in Criminal Law class with an Ex-cop teaching it. He actually recommended to people to invest in one if they had a speeding problem and couldn't afford to get any more traffic tickets. If they are legal in your area and you get fined or harassed for having one, you should probably report the officer, because they shouldn't be doing that. My teacher said they usually don't even care unless it's a rookie cop or someone with a bad attitude. If you play it cool with the cop, he should be cool with you and you can go on your way legally using you radar detector...

Back
Top Bottom