A media player better than....

I like to stay away from MP3 files if I can help it. They just don't sound as good as the original WAV files no matter what anyone says. And i'd rather make room for the larger WAV files than compromise sound quality.

I import all my audio, from CD, record audio from the web :eek: , using Cool Edit Pro which is brilliant at playing any audio I throw at it. But my problem is with video clips and the extra codecs WMP needs.

I started using VLC last night and so far it seems ok.

Looked at Winamp but thats as far as I got.

I never had a problem with the sound of my mp3s, and I play them on my stereo through my computer... I'd totally go the route of a different filetype if it was as widely used as mp3, but I doubt there is anything that is like that. There'd end up being something I try to use my music with and I'd have to convert it all...

I use that for videos all the time, but I like the organized setup of iTunes for my music library. I just looked and I guess it can play with a media library (I never knew that before, lol), but it's setup really weird to me... I like the playlist to be in the same window as the player. See picture to see the big difference in VLC over iTunes. I just think a setup like iTunes, or even Winamp for that matter is setup a lot better. VLC is great for watching videos and DVDs, and the random single song, but not for lots of music IMO.

I was responding more to the video question. I don't use VLC for music either. :p

I like iTunes for music because I have 1500 songs and they're all organized into playlists and it syncs with my iPod. It's bloated, but it's a good music player.

I was responding more to the video question. I don't use VLC for music either. :p

I like iTunes for music because I have 1500 songs and they're all organized into playlists and it syncs with my iPod. It's bloated, but it's a good music player.
ah, gotcha, lol. I found Media Monkey earlier today with a Google search but haven't had time to play with it yet. I don't really need iTunes because I don't have an iPod, and it's just too slow sometimes to want to bother with it, but I have yet to find anything else that will work for me...

Back
Top Bottom