--Modding/Cooling
-Software
--Programming
--Operating Systems
--Security Hacking
-Networking
-Hosting & Server Administration
-Web Design and Review

maybe switch the position of the gallery and the general computers stuff, and then I'm not sure about the FAQ and rules and guild lines, that seems like more of sticky material, but that looks pretty good.

Well right now we have a lot of these stickies spread out over different forums. If we were to put it all in one forum it would make it much easier. But the thing is, we can't just put it in the social lounge because it will take a lot of space. So we'll make a separate forum.

What do you mean by switching the position of the gallery with the computer discussion? Like computer discussion comes before? That's fine with me, I don't really care about the order. I just think it would be a little weird to have the gallery INSIDE the computer discussion. There are some threads in there that have nothing to do with the computers. It could be put in the Social Lounge if you want. That would make more sense than computer discussion.

yea, switching the order, not putting it inside computer discussion.

and now that you point out all the stickies that does make sense.

So is this what you want?

General
-FAQ, Rules, Guidelines
-Social Lounge
-General Computer Discussion
--Reviews
--Guides
-Gallery
-CF: Suggestions, Comments, and Feedback
-Classifieds

Technical
-Hardware
--Overclocking
--Modding/Cooling
-Software
--Programming
--Operating Systems
--Security Hacking
-Networking
-Hosting & Server Administration
-Web Design and Review

I like it. Is everybody cool with this?

I like it a lot.

Look at the home page. I smell good things brewing.

edit- never mind. I clicked general, not the homepage. I though David had already started work on this.

I think the forums we have now are good. No need to change the layout around to make things more complicated.

The layout we have now isn't that great. We have forums that are barely used and others that are in the wrong spot (ie: Gallery). I think the final layout we designed is much simpler and makes sense. The only thing is that it won't be familiar, so there will be a week or so of adjustment. After that, you'll be as comfortable with it as you are with this one (assuming this does go through).

Back
Top Bottom