Car Thread!

I just saw this somewhere and I thought I'd repost...at least alvino will appreciate it:
AWD for your family car - nothing beats the security it offers on slippery surfaces, or if you go off one side of the road - vital for families
RWD for excitement - nothing comes close
FWD is nowhere

I just saw this somewhere and I thought I'd repost...at least alvino will appreciate it:

Ahhh...props to whoever said that. Great words of wisdom. :)

Heh, not to be immature, but I will do this for teh lulz. :p

FWDLOSE.jpg

Depends what kind of car. A small car like the CRX needs FWD because if you increase the power the wheelbase is just way too small to handle RWD.

When it comes down to it, it's always down to the suspension tuning. A really well tuned FWD car can handle well, but generally the drivetrain isn't that great when it comes to racing.

Over a certain amount of power though, FWD is useless, you just begin to spin your wheels and get crazy torque steer. Which reminds me, I've been meaning to change my avatar... :p

You can make an FF car handle well, but the principal of weight distribution will always make a decent RWD vehicle better.

For a daily driver though, FWD does fairly well, specially in the winter. AWD does better in the winter for sure, and RWD... can be fun, scary, and useless in the winter... Especially when you have an open-rear differential...

True that. Which is why I want a WRX, but the damn dealer doesn't have a single one in stock. Except for the private seller on autotrader selling a loaded '04 STi for $13k...alright buddy, sureeee.

And I keep seeing these deals for 04-05 GTOs for $14-17k, which is not bad at all. Especially from a dealer, with a few years warranty still left, and only 30k miles or so.

my car still turns off in puddles it starts stuttering and then just dies completely n sometimes refuses to start at first... but when i get it running it might only be on for a few seconds....

i just put in factory spark plugs n wires n an oil change and a valve cover gasket...wtf!

I wouldn't buy a GTO because they weigh 3800 lbs. If you want a V8 car, I'd look into a LS1 Camaro or Trans-am, they're 400 lbs. lighter.

Back
Top Bottom