A media player better than....

Remeniz

Fully Optimized
... Microsoft Windows Media?

I'm looking for something that'll play pretty much any audio, video or both.

But it has to be free and better than Windows Media Player.

Any suggestions?

I just tried Winamp...again for like the third time, to see if it actually got any better with updates. I don't remember why I stopped using it at first, but I gave up on it this time because you have to have the pro version to import CDs as mp3 files... :confused: What the heck kinda deal is that? mp3 is like the most basic and most used type of audio file, and I can't import to it on the free version... Back to iTunes again for me. I keep my music in mp3 because I use it in stuff sometimes, and mp3 works with everything. I haven't found much that doesn't work with mp3.

Is there something besides Winamp to use for free? iTunes and WMP is becoming way too bloated with crap, I want something light that just works...

I use VLC for video stuff, and I've always used iTunes for music stuff. It's just easiest for me that way. I just have all MP3 files anyways...it's just my preference I guess.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc

It plays practically anything and it's lightweight.
I use that for videos all the time, but I like the organized setup of iTunes for my music library. I just looked and I guess it can play with a media library (I never knew that before, lol), but it's setup really weird to me... I like the playlist to be in the same window as the player. See picture to see the big difference in VLC over iTunes. I just think a setup like iTunes, or even Winamp for that matter is setup a lot better. VLC is great for watching videos and DVDs, and the random single song, but not for lots of music IMO.

Back
Top Bottom