Help Please

x_Za

Beta member
I have some files I want to delete for good, I know they go to the recycle bin and I can delete 'em from there, but I'm unsure. I want another way, so help please?

Besides I've heard it is possible to restore deleted files even if I format my PC, you know format like deleting files and stuffs.

So help me pleaaaaaaaaaase. Thx.

No files are gone when you delete them.
Later the 'space" on your hard drive will be over-written. This deletes the files.

When you delete a file it doesn't delete it as in set all the segment back to 00000000's it just marks it for over writing and restores the space in your spec to how much you've saved from that delete. There are programs that can fully wipe a file but the only safe way would be to move what you want to a new HDD then smash the old one up with a lead hammer and set it on fire.

There are ways to completely delete (or at least make them unrecoverable) files as well as erase hard drives without destroying them. The links Atomic Rooster gave will work just fine.

Thank you all for the help, but please explain how can those programmes delete deleted files? they only delete the files that I didn't delete yet.

the way those programs get rid of the information totally is they delete the files and then write over the files and then delete those files and write over those and keep doing a process like that in order to completely make the information irretrievable...

Back
Top Bottom