need help for my first build please

thx alot everyone, you guys are really helping me out. ok so i think im gna go with the AMD Phenom II X4 940 build. Hey worshipme that motherboard u recommend, does it support sli? cause with the gtx 285 or wtv maybe in the future id want to put 2...what do you think? as for the monitor i really dont know... i was looking at this one right here.. http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16824236051
TBH, that's no way near big enough to justify a GTX 295, a GTX 285 absolute tops, and that would still be too much considering how much cheaper the 4870 1GB and the GTX 260 216 are.

And no, the motherboard does not support SLi, only Crossfire. I seriously wouldn't recommend turning toward Nvidia's AMD motherboards as the 790GXs are so good for the price.

will that be good enough for the gpu i chose? i dont wanna spend 400 bucks on a monitor tho so i dont know....let me know what u think. also should i even bother to get 2 harddrives? ill have enough space with 640gb but should i put 2 for better performance?
If you don't want to spend more on the monitor, you don't need such a high end GPU. I'm running 1920x1600 fine with a HD 4850, but I'd recommend either a HD 4870 1GB or a GTX 260 Core 216 for the future. They are more or less equal performance wise, so it all depends on your personal preferences and which is cheaper.

For the HDDs, unless you want to mess with RAID, which can be a pain in the behind, just stick with one, you won't really notice the difference performance wise unless you're running some HDD intensive apps. The Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB is the one I'd recommend.

ok the HD 4870 sounds good considering its like half the price and the mobo is like alot cheaper too. but i read the reviews on newegg.com/.ca and people all seem to have a problem with the card flickering. i dont know if this is a serious problem or not but i guess it cant be that bad.... so if i put that mobo and this card instead of what i had chosen i could save like 300 bux almost which would be really good. and with that mobo i could eventually slap another one in crossfire which is good i think. even tho i think im gna choose what u suggested im curious to know how big of a screen id need to be able to use the gtx 280 to its potential?

ok the HD 4870 sounds good considering its like half the price and the mobo is like alot cheaper too. but i read the reviews on newegg.com/.ca and people all seem to have a problem with the card flickering. i dont know if this is a serious problem or not but i guess it cant be that bad.... so if i put that mobo and this card instead of what i had chosen i could save like 300 bux almost which would be really good. and with that mobo i could eventually slap another one in crossfire which is good i think. even tho i think im gna choose what u suggested im curious to know how big of a screen id need to be able to use the gtx 280 to its potential?

If you're going to Crossfire, you might as well get a 4870x2. It's going to cost around the same or be a bit cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom