some morning news

esa193

Fully Optimized
NASA investigates problems with Mars Spirit rover
mars_rover-small1.jpg

They've manged to make it to the five-year mark despite a few considerable bumps in the road, but it looks like one of the Mars rovers has once again hit a snag, and NASA is now furiously trying to sort out the problem. Apparently, the issue first arose earlier this week when Spirit reported that it had received its driving commands but didn't move. Things were then further complicated later in the day when Spirit failed to record its daily activities, and it seems to have been all downhill since, with the rover unable to even locate the sun in order to reorient itself. What's more, while they're still trying to run some diagnostics to pinpoint the problem, NASA engineers say that the troubles could possibly be caused by cosmic rays hitting the rover, which we all know can only lead to one thing.... zombie rovers.
http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/30/nasa-investigates-problems-with-mars-spirit-rover/

Samsung's 4Gb chip promises 32GB DDR3 memory modules for PCs and laptops

samsung-50nmddr3chip_full.jpg

Oh Samsung, you and your world's firsts. We like to tease but your latest breakthrough is truly notable: the world's first 4Gb (bit, not Byte) DDR3 DRAM PC memory chip based on relatively frugal 50-nm processes. Two things here: 1) the new chips consume 40% less power than previous DD3 memory modules, and 2) the chips pave the way for 32GB (Byte, not bit) DIMM modules. The first modules will come in capacities of 16GB (containing 32 of the new 4Gb chips) for servers, 8GB DDR3 DIMMs for desktops, and 8GB SO-DIMMs for laptops. When, is the question Samsung fails to answer. The question to you is this: you're not still buying full-spec'd DDR2-based laptops are you?
http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/30/samsungs-4gb-chip-promises-32gb-ddr3-memory-modules-for-pcs-and/

That is crazy about the Samsung, I didn't know they made computer stuff, all I knew is that they had one computer hdd and TV's and stuff. Now RAM?
Not very updated, am I? lol

Now to NASA;

I wonder if that actually does find something. They should create another one because if this was is experiencing faults, it would be better to start an improved version of that and keep the old one (if the problems to get worse) because sending it back, fixing it and launching it back again to space, then to Mars' orbit, is harder than making a new one. They probably cant even return the rover anyway...

But I just hope we find something. There has to be something on Mars. :\
I love things that have to do with space, dunno why...

That is crazy about the Samsung, I didn't know they made computer stuff, all I knew is that they had one computer hdd and TV's and stuff. Now RAM?
Not very updated, am I? lol

Now to NASA;

I wonder if that actually does find something. They should create another one because if this was is experiencing faults, it would be better to start an improved version of that and keep the old one (if the problems to get worse) because sending it back, fixing it and launching it back again to space, then to Mars' orbit, is harder than making a new one. They probably cant even return the rover anyway...

But I just hope we find something. There has to be something on Mars. :\
I love things that have to do with space, dunno why...
lol...Samsung has been making ram for a long time and as far as I'm concerned, Samsung is one of the top electronics manufacturers in the business.

lol...Samsung has been making ram for a long time and as far as I'm concerned, Samsung is one of the top electronics manufacturers in the business.

Whaaaa! I've only seen them make 1 or 2 last time I checked. I always thought it was Corsair and Kingston.

From their website, all the stuff they make:
Samsung's Website said:
Mobile Phones

* AT&T
* Sprint
* T-Mobile
* Verizon Wireless
* More carriers
* Mobile phone accessories

Televisions

* LCD TV
* Plasma TV
* DLP TV
* TV accessories
* Beyond TV

Audio / Video

* Blu-ray
* Home theater
* MP3 players
* DVD players
* Digital set top box

Cameras & Camcorders

* Digital cameras
* Camcorders

Computers & Peripherals

* Mobile computing
* Desktop monitors
* Data projectors
* Digital photo frame
* Hard disk drive
* Optical disc drive

Printers & Multifunction

* Monochrome laser printers
* Color laser printers
* Monochrome laser multifunction printers & faxes
* Color laser multifunction printers & faxes
* Supplies & Accessories
* Solutions

Home appliances

* Refrigerators
* Washers & Dryers
* Ranges
* Dishwashers
* Microwaves
* Air conditioners

I knew they made most of those stuff up there. But just didn't know about RAM :\

Oh that's why, because I look at all those enthusiast sites and I see all this 32gb DDR3 ram kit, and I'm wondering who could afford that? Probably a large business or corporation lol

Back
Top Bottom