Stress test

50mobber

In Runtime
ok i just finished OC my Cpu. It seems ok. I want to stress test it. Im having problem with prime95 it stop test after 10 seconds running Blend test. It read rounding was .5, it was expecting .4. Is there a setup im suppose to do before i do the test. I tried download orthos but i couldnt install it. Right now im running Everlast Ultimate.

If its failing the stress test, then your OC is not stable.
Just because you can boot into windows does not make a OC stable.

Up the voltage or lower the OC. Watch your temps.

Small FFTs stress your cpu, Blend stresses cpu, memory and NB, you may need to:

a/ Lower your memory oc

b/ raise your vDIMM to accommodate your memory oc

c/ Raise your vNB

Run small FFTs, if it fails the problem is most likely your cpu (probably a lack of vcore)

If it doesn't fail then look at memory overclock/voltage (vDIMM) and/or Northbridge voltage

Ok ive been upping the vcore. I do it in the smallest increment my bios allows. What i do is i up the voltage and run Prime95 FFT stress test. Every time after i up the voltage the test would last a little longer. But the last few times its been the same. The error say "rounding was .0485623 was expecting less than .04." Ive up the voltage 12 times (temp are fine around 37c-40c). So far ive gone from 1.21 to 1.28125, since this is my first OC i dont know what the norm is. Should i just keep up the voltage till it is stable?

Ok ive been upping the vcore. I do it in the smallest increment my bios allows. What i do is i up the voltage and run Prime95 FFT stress test. Every time after i up the voltage the test would last a little longer. But the last few times its been the same. The error say "rounding was .0485623 was expecting less than .04." Ive up the voltage 12 times (temp are fine around 37c-40c). So far ive gone from 1.21 to 1.28125, since this is my first OC i dont know what the norm is. Should i just keep up the voltage till it is stable?

yes, just try not to go over 1.4v, IIRC 1.4+v is where chip degradation kicks in...

yea i know that is why im going in small increments

In prime95 how many worker are am i suppose be testing with?

thats what i figured just wanted to make sure. I guess ill just keep uppin the voltage in small increments till its stabilizes

Make sure your RAM/FSB ratio is set up to a 1:1 ratio. For example, if your FSB is 400, your RAM should be at 400 Mhz, or DDR2-800.

Also it may not be your CPU Vcore holding you back like mentioned earlier.

Back
Top Bottom