Office 2007 corrupted... can't repair, reinstall or uninstall...

superman22x

Golden Master
My Office 2007 installation got corrupted somehow. Every time I try and run word, it tries to repair the install, but can't find the files. I try and run setup and repair, and it fails. I tried to go into control panel and uninstall, and that failed too... I'm out of ideas...

Any help would be great! Thanks.

Superman, I recently ran in to the same problem with a client's computer. She brought it in and told me Office 07 stalled during installation and she had to restart. This left it hanging, and I could not remove. I found this on the microsoft website, but it still hasn't helped me at all...I suggest you try it though.

try checking the task manager and try manually stopping anything that is part of or requires ms office. then try deleting the folder that contains the corrupt install files. This was the only way I was able to get rid of a pre-install of McAfee. (which is like a virus to me). :p

try checking the task manager and try manually stopping anything that is part of or requires ms office. then try deleting the folder that contains the corrupt install files. This was the only way I was able to get rid of a pre-install of McAfee. (which is like a virus to me). :p

Um, if you would've checked the info in my post that's exactly what my post suggested but more in-depth.

Ok, I successfully did it. There was only one folder in the program files that I didn't have access to delete. I just renamed it and the three files inside to BS, BS2, and BS3. I then ran a registry cleaner, and deleted all office 2007 related registry files that the microsoft page told me to delete. I am now going to attempt to reinstall it.

Back
Top Bottom