CF layout thread!!

Rubber314Chicken

Golden Master
with the possibility of a whole new forum layout very possible, I think its a good idea that we try to make it as good as possible. Thats why I'm calling on all of you CF.

Here are the two primary ideas now:
Technical-
*Hardware
**Overclocking
*Software
**OS
**Programming
*Tutorials

Web-
*Networking
*Servers
*Web-Design, Reviews, and Advertisement

The Lounge-
*Social lounge
*Classifieds
*Gallery
*Reviews (maybe somehow work this in with the General Computer help section?)
*General Comments and Feedback
*Staff area
*Spam Archive

General (no post count, no rep)
-Forum FAQ & Guidelines
--Suggestions, Comments, and Feebacks
-Social Lounge
-Gallery
-For Sale

Technical
-Hardware (there would be just general posts here, the subforums would look like the gallery in the S/H Section)
--Overclocks
--Cooling/Peripherals
--Reviews/Guides (Depending on the flow we can separate these)
-Software (there would be just general posts here, the subforums would look like the gallery in the S/H Section)
--OS
--Programming
--Security/Hacking

Web
-Networking
-Servers
--Shared Hosting
--Dedicated Hosting
-Web-Design, Reviews, and Advertisement

The only problem I see with both of our ideas right now is like lowndsey pointed out, what if someone doesn't know where to put it.

Discuss.

Like I mentioned on the other thread, a "Help For Newbies" subforum could be created under Technical.

so what you have a question that doesnt fit in any of the sections.....yet you are an experienced user, do you have to resort to being classed as a newbie?

say i've been building and fixing comps for years...i have a comp that blue screens when i boot it...I have tried everything but still cant solve it. I am not even close to being a newbie. which section does my question asking for help about my blue screens go in your layout?

I don't get how Networking and servers fits under Web?

Why don't you just create an "Other" thread instead of one for newbies. That way if it doesn't fit in a thread it can go there. Or if they don't know where to put it, then they will know it can go there.

Well those aren't final names. I just threw something in the heat of the moment. I see what you mean though. There could be just a General Questions section or other. I couldn't find a general name for Networking, Webhosting, and all that stuff, so I just wrote web for the time being. Again, this was a very general outline. What would you call it? Networking & Web?

Well those aren't final names. I just threw something in the heat of the moment. I see what you mean though. There could be just a General Questions section or other. I couldn't find a general name for Networking, Webhosting, and all that stuff, so I just wrote web for the time being. Again, this was a very general outline. What would you call it? Networking & Web?

You could almost make them separate categories.

Networking
-General
-Devices (ie Routers, Access Points, Hubs, etc...)
--Configuration & Troubleshooting
--Security
-Server
--Setup and administration
--Troubleshooting

Web
-Hosting
-Web-Design
-Reviews and Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom