Bought a game and couldnt install

Haku Mioje

Daemon Poster
ok i bought the game The Orange Box the other day and everytime i try to install it with the cds it freezes my computer up... can someone please either tell me a way to fix this issue or tell me where i can download the game from, i have the key i just need to be able to install it...

what are your pc specs and can you install other games or is it just that game your having problems with

i havent installed any games in a while so im not sure... but the specs match up and my laptop is better than the recommended specs... so idk why its messing up like it is... itll bring up the autorun screen for the install and as soon as i click install it sounds like it will work then the disk will stop spinning and the computer freezes... makes no sense

is the disk really scratched up becuase that happens to me when i try to rip music cds then as soon as i eject the cd my pc is normal again

i think that might be probable because when i pull up task manager to monitor it, the cpu runs high, how can i fix this issue???

you have a single core cpu. dont run anything else while your installing you'll bottleneck the installion process.

if you were not running anything else than list what you have starting up. heres how you do that.

Click start then click run
type msconfig.exe and hit enter
go to the startup tab and post here what you see.

Something must be bottlenecking the processor for it to just freeze like that.

if we dont find anything ill pm you a link where to download..

look in the task manager and go to the process tab and see what program is using up all of the processor percentage

theres a total of 20 items within that list...

heres the list...

untitled.jpg

Back
Top Bottom