PC kept shutting off on me. now won't even turn on?

kidphoenix96

Solid State Member
I have a HP Pavilion 7850. I upgraded it to Windows XP Professional about a week and a half ago. Then starting yesterday night it started to shut down on me all of the sudden. Every time I boot it up it stays on for 3 minutes then it cuts off. Now today it won't even turn on. There's a green light that is on in the back of the PC by the power cord. What's wrong with my PC?

It's pretty hard to diagnose. I could anything in the computer: psu, ram, mobo, processor that could cause this.

no none of the fans turn on. There is just a green light by the power cord in the back that stays lit

this is just a guess but it's probably some loose cords inside the case

Warning: Don't attempt looking at the chords unless your a technical user becuase if you do something wrong you could destroy the whole computer

this is just a guess but it's probably some loose cords inside the case

Warning: Don't attempt looking at the chords unless your a technical user becuase if you do something wrong you could destroy the whole computer

You make it sound like if he cuts the wrong wire the bomb is going to explode. How is he going to destroy the whole computer by making sure the cables are secure?

Just make sure you are grounded and not working directly on carpet and you will be fine. Always touch the case before touching any computer component.

Just make sure you are grounded and not working directly on carpet and you will be fine. Always touch the case before touching any computer component.

sorry if i made it sound like that, I meant if you don't know what your doing and are not grounded or if you accedently knock a wire out and put it in the wrong place you could destroy the computer but other than that you should be fine

no, a computer is built like a bomb.

If you cut the red wire, the cpu will catch on fire and the ram will explode because it is made up of pure potassium.

Back
Top Bottom