Just bought my first car :D

Hovercrafts, thats the only way to go. I say we get a couple dysons together, maybe a hoover, and a dirtdevil to keep the contraption clean, and lets go to town. :D

I don't believe that cars are going to go completely electric, I just don't think people are going to come home and plug in their car, I just don't. I think there will be cars that run on hydrogen to fuel a generator which drives the electric motor. Honda has one out like this already called the FCX Clarity. Only available in California right now where there are hydrogen filling stations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52L-nQ-LTew

But either way, we need to do something so that we don't have to rely on foreign countries for oil anymore.
Yeah, electric is probably just the technology that we could actually implement really soon. We know how to make the cars and we have a infrastructure already. Hydrogen and such still have a ways to go.

<agree>

-Bad for the environment.
-Dangerous to the drivers of smaller cars
-Eats up the worlds precious oil supply.

Life isn't about throwing all your money around for luxury's, this causes an overall worldwide collapse of the standard of living.

That's because the brits are smart and don't drive stupidly over sized vehicles that consume huge amounts of fuel, for the main part.

Seems dangerously cheap, is it yellow and does it have three wheels?
</agree>

It's rediculous that people (sterotypically americans) drive such heavy, powerfull & wastefull car's - and they don't seem to care about the damage they are causing.

-Bad for the environment.
-Dangerous to the drivers of smaller cars
-Eats up the worlds precious oil supply.

Life isn't about throwing all your money around for luxury's, this causes an overall worldwide collapse of the standard of living.

umm.... lets see... how about you read this: http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-main-forum/47276-prius-vs-pickup.html

Both drivers lived. And the oil supply isn't as precious as everyone makes it out to be. Its the monopoly of oil refineries and oil companies that want you to think that while they rake in more money.

And its only dangerous if you are dangerous. My family is full of competent drivers. If you are stupid enough to pull out in front of a 2.5 ton truck then you deserve whats coming at you.

But yea, its bad for the environment. That's why I wanted either a V-6 or a diesel, but w/e.

P.S. Diesel is the future, not electric. At least for the next 20 years.

umm.... lets see... how about you read this: http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-main-forum/47276-prius-vs-pickup.html

Both drivers lived. And the oil supply isn't as precious as everyone makes it out to be. Its the monopoly of oil refineries and oil companies that want you to think that while they rake in more money.

And its only dangerous if you are dangerous. My family is full of competent drivers. If you are stupid enough to pull out in front of a 2.5 ton truck then you deserve whats coming at you.

But yea, its bad for the environment. That's why I wanted either a V-6 or a diesel, but w/e.

P.S. Diesel is the future, not electric. At least for the next 20 years.
Your family might not be bad drivers, but many other people are. If they do somthing stupid, and you end up driving into them then while it may be their fault, the chances are that they would come off MUCH worse if a big powerfull car hit them than if a smaller (more sensible?) car hit them....

The stupidity of the driver has nothing to do with the size of the car. Whether it's a teen who just got daddy's camaro, the guy with the hummer, or the high schooler who got his first beater, stupid people will be stupid people.

Smaller doesn't mean more sensible. Many people (in America) have large cars because they have large families (some don't, I know). It's far more economical to cart 8 people around in one vehicle than it is to cart around 8 people in 4 small cars made for 2, no?

What it comes down to is that most people who are buying the big car just to have the big car are the ones who are going to do stupid things in it (Most of the time).

Why not instead make better, more conscientious drivers in driving school and have more stringent limitations on licenses vs vehicle types (like having a commerical license for a large semi). People would then have to prove they are competent enough to drive the different types before they can.

Your family might not be bad drivers, but many other people are. If they do somthing stupid, and you end up driving into them then while it may be their fault, the chances are that they would come off MUCH worse if a big powerfull car hit them than if a smaller (more sensible?) car hit them....

I'd also like to point out that my street is NEVER plowed (ever. There are 6" of snow on it right now), so the truck is often used to pull our cars out of the driveway if the get stuck, and having 4 wheel drive certainly helps it to be able to perform in the snow better than our other two cars.

And if they did something stupid, don't the deserve whats coming? If someone clips us changing lanes on the highway, chances are they would spin out and we wouldn't, but if it was two compact cars, then both would spin out. And if they had a truck and we had a compact car then we would get screwed by their bad driving.

Since I've been here, no one has ever mentioned a modded up Mitsubishi Lancer or Nissan R34.

bugatti-veyron-fbg-par-hermes1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom