Both Intel and AMD Struggling...

There are several blogs about that like the one that's dated 1/14/09 seen at http://news.cnet.com/microsoft-expected-to-announce-layoffs/

But as soon as you turn around you hear something to the contrary.

"Mass Microsoft layoffs unlikely

Report refutes possibility of Xbox 360 manufacturer dismissing employees to cut costs
A new report has dispelled rumours that Microsoft will be laying off a significant portion of its workforce, claiming the company has other cost cutting measures in mind.

Following rumours that Microsoft was considering dismissing thousands of employees, CNBC reports that the company will be reducing its outgoings “through attrition and the non-renewal of contract employees, rather than through a rumoured sweeping layoff.”

The broadcaster's Jim Goldman cited sources within Microsoft, one of whom claimed the speculation surrounding these rumours have been “grossly exaggerated”." http://www.mcvuk.com/news/32837/Mass-Microsoft-layoffs-unlikely

I tend to agree with the "grossly exaggerated" remark seen there.

Yeah I tend to not trust the news. My dad frequents all the news channels like CNN and MSNBC and that crap. I just tell him that I'll believe it when it (whatever "it" is at the time) happens.

With all the layoffs by various other companies people will be spending more time looking for work online. "aw gee I need an upgrade to a newer version" along with "I know I'll kill some time with X-Box until I get recalled" will be keeping MS busy. Most of the blogs like those are nothing but rumor mills just to fill a page anyways.

I see the bad economic times reflected in the order sizes of the customers I deliver to. They have been getting smaller for the most part. One of my customers recently closed their doors.

It would be nice if multi-billionaire Bill Gates would put back some of the billions he made off M$ now that times are getting a little hard for them. Other founders and CEO's should take massive cuts to help their companies.
Doubtful that's gonna happen...

How did you guess? As far as Mr. Gates he is no longer the CEO at Microsoft having retired from the role.

I agree though Seti..even though Gates isn't CEO anymore. Us consumers built and supported a lot of U.S. companies like Microsoft and they just aren't giving anything back to us. I don't care if it's unethical, but I don't regret ever once using a piece of illegal software from any big name company that is/was raking in the dough.

One comment made by Gates was what he came out with when asked who would he leave all of his estate to. He stated that when he goes everything would go for charity. He made the remark that "you can't take it with you".

Back
Top Bottom