#2- 07 failed windows xp

hippiehill

Baseband Member
my laptop will not boot iv traded booting in normal windows start up,last knowin working setting and safe mode and i keep getting a blue screan that was boot_volume_failed and thats all i can read befor it dissapears so i ran a hard drive test and i get a #2- 07 failed what are my options?? i have the windows programs so should i formate the hard drive and start over?

HPpavilion ze2000
windows xp
30gb hd
13.5 gb free hd space

my lap top has been working fine for the last 4 years but it has been getting slower over the last few mounths and last time i used it was to the point that i would click and wait 5 min befor anything would happin and large programs would freeze it i put 10 new pics from my cam on there last night and i was gunna put them on a disk and delete them like i normaly do but i was out of disk

any comments welcomed and thak you all

If you have a hard drive error then I would try and reinstall. I believe when you re-install Windows will avoid the affected sectors and you should be able to use it. Bare in mind though that if your hard drive has errors on it, then it could only be a matter of time before it doesn't work at all.

As for it running slower, you must make sure for one that you are defragmenting on a constant basis as well as running disk clean up. Also look at how many processes you have running and kill the ones you don't need. Go into msconfig (instructions on how to get there are below) and stop the processes you don't need from loading at startup.

To get into MSconfig follow these steps:
Go to Start
Run
type msconfig and hit enter
go to the startup tab

Be careful to only deny the programs that you know what they are to start up when your system starts up.

If you can boot in safemode try this

go to my computer
right click on the hard drive
go to the tools tab
under error checking click check now
click and check both boxes
click start

If you can boot in safemode try this

go to my computer
right click on the hard drive
go to the tools tab
under error checking click check now
click and check both boxes
click start

my laptop will not boot iv traded booting in normal windows start up,last knowin working setting and safe mode and i keep getting a blue screen that was boot_volume_failed
any comments welcomed and thak you all

He mentioned he has tried it and is getting a BSOD.

Try reloading Windows. When my cousin's computer wouldn't boot I got a unmountable_boot_volume error. Once I reloaded it worked... for a while. Eventually his HDD crapped out. If you get it working you should think about backing up and replacing your HDD. Best of luck.

ok thank you all i will try and see what happins

anyone wonna point me in the right direction for a new laptop HD??

Back
Top Bottom