Favorite OS?

My favorite OS is Vista. Next would be Mac OS X Leopard, then Windows 98 SE. Linux and Windows XP isn't even in my vocabulary anymore.

9x anything no longer sees any driver support for newer hardwares otherwise a small...:D Mac I haven't had time with quite yet. Linux live cds and XP still see some use here while Vista and now 7 beta have their roles.

I'm not basing my resource hungry allegations on what I've read or something...I'm saying these things based on more than a little experience with both OS's and, from my experience, Vista KILLS the same computer that XP would thrive on. Does this make it bad? No...not at all...if I hadn't have gotten a new pc early on as you spoke of, that had 512mb and was running Vista, the whole thing would have made more sense to me.

No matter what, my XP equipped Compaq has 256mb ram (it might have the 512mb the Vista equipped Dell struggled with...I don't remember off hand) and it still slaughtered the newer, fancier, possibly more powerful (I don't remember) Dell like a 1 legged deer on the call of open season...all this after bypassing the "immenent hard drive failure" screen at boot...lol Sure made me think of Vista as quite a greedy OS.

When Vista was being tested they were taking into account the average system seeing 512mb, 1gb, or even 2gb of memory installed along with the faster dual cpus out. Windows 7 should be a vast improvement over Vista since the beta has been performing quite well so far. Some are running it on older systems like the ones you have there with only 512mb.

Windows XP Media Center FTW!!

It's perfect for the college dorm...TV and computer on one convenient machine!

XP. In particular SP3. Best OS from Microsoft.

SP3 is what saw over 1,000 long awaited and long needed fixes for XP. Vista with SP2 beta and now the 7 beta with a few updates is far more stable with 7 seeing faster startup and shutdown times as well as not having the bloat some complain about with Vista.

Apparently MS is now getting the hint to see Windows improved since 7 while beta has been outperforming both XP and Vista alike here. :D

Windows XP for me.
Linux in second place.
I must say windows 7 I have tested and is proving to be good.

Back
Top Bottom