Need Career Advice

Right,So im almost finished THIS course.

Now,I Currently have done these course:

PC Technician Certification
Cert II in I.T Support
Year 10 certificate

Now,Once i finish doing the course im doing,Should i Look for a job or do:

THIS COURSE

Or Get my MSCE/MCP?

The Job i wish to get is either a Systems Admin Or a PC Technician/Support.

Right,So im almost finished THIS course.

Now,I Currently have done these course:

PC Technician Certification
Cert II in I.T Support
Year 10 certificate

Now,Once i finish doing the course im doing,Should i Look for a job or do:

THIS COURSE

Or Get my MSCE/MCP?

The Job i wish to get is either a Systems Admin Or a PC Technician/Support.

First question what kind of Systems Admin? Some companies a System Admin works server side and some they just work client side (client side is basically the same as PC Technician).

If you want to go more in the direction of Netoworking then get your MCP/MCSE. If you want to go more in the direction of PC Technician then focus on your A+ first and then go from there to maybe your MCP/MCSA.

Do you want to work on Desktops only?
or
Do you want to work on Servers and network configuration and maintenance? or
Do you want to work on Network equipment, configuration, and maintenance, ie setting up routers, switches, repairing cables etc..?

Either way you can try and get an Intern position while still doing school. If you want to lean more towards Server/Network administration I suggest getting more classes that are geared directly towards that. But either way try and get an intern while in school, it will benefit you the most.

First question what kind of Systems Admin? Some companies a System Admin works server side and some they just work client side (client side is basically the same as PC Technician).

Basically Just Client side.

Im Thinking i might just do my Cert IV...still unsure though :(

I am not personally sure what exactly those classes are. Do they actually count as a certification as well?

I would still look into possibly getting an A+, but I don't know how you guys do things on the other side of the pond. Over here I know a lot of companies either ask that you have the A+ (For client side jobs) or say it is a plus.

Either way though try and find a part time job or an internship in your field doing something like the help desk. That is where most IT folks start out.

Back
Top Bottom