internet acting wierd

shawn1989

Solid State Member
when i load webpages, some cases the website wont load and i have to refresh.
or when i try to watch a video or play a game the website only loads the page but not the video.. i have to refresh a few times for it to connect.

also my internet connection speed it unusual. my last test said i had a 500kbps download and 3.5MBps upload. used to be less download til i tweaked it a little.

how can i fix this?

all internet add-on's (eg: shockwave and flash player) are up to date, and my pc connects directly to the fiber-optic box, it has only started doing this last month.

If you notice your bandwidth is not where it should be per your contract with your ISP, then I would suggest contacting them to notify them. Maybe they have an explanation for you, or maybe not but they may offer different tests for you to run.

I know if you have cable and if they recently added a bunch of people on the line then that could play a part in your bandwidth going tits up.

If you notice your bandwidth is not where it should be per your contract with your ISP, then I would suggest contacting them to notify them. Maybe they have an explanation for you, or maybe not but they may offer different tests for you to run.

I know if you have cable and if they recently added a bunch of people on the line then that could play a part in your bandwidth going tits up.

that could be it, but a couple people i know that live nearby with the same internet have no speed difference, and i just recently connected a client's pc to my line and it was getting full speed as well.

plus i got fiber-optic high speed, advertized 4mb used to be able to connect at almost 800k

that could be it, but a couple people i know that live nearby with the same internet have no speed difference, and i just recently connected a client's pc to my line and it was getting full speed as well.

plus i got fiber-optic high speed, advertized 4mb used to be able to connect at almost 800k

I would call your ISP and ask them what the deal is. I have had instances with a certain ISP where I was getting shorted on my bandwidth and after I called them up to ask wtf they fixed it and I never had a problem again.

Back
Top Bottom