Limiting bandwith?

If your playing competitivley, then Wireless proberbly isn't the best anyway. I'd ask whoever pays for the connection to have a word with her, If I where you.

If your playing competitivley, then Wireless proberbly isn't the best anyway. I'd ask whoever pays for the connection to have a word with her, If I where you.

I have wireless broadband in my house. I hate it! I've asked my dad millions of times to plug my computer straight into the modem, except he can't because I'm upstairs and his computer with the modem is downstairs.

Sucks because if I leave my downloads running all night it might disconnect at say...3am and that means I've left the computer on for nothing...

And gaming is difficult because you get frequent disconnections. It's so frustrating!

I would say that your router is having problems Stratos. Both of my kid's computer's are upstairs on wireless connections without any disconnects.

Uhm. You have a laptop??

Why don't you go to mcd's or starbucks. They have like interenet that can support like 50 ppl.

Oh yea...also you can rip out here wireless adapter and just pretend you don't know why she can't connect.

Just get an ethernet cable and plug it in to the router and use that to connect :D ....it'd probably be better than wireless from what your situation sounds like. If you are splitting the bill for the internet connection, then you should have a talk with her. If not, there's nothing you can do since you are leeching.

That wont solve the bandwidth issue dude. I'm wired into the router. Whenever the kid starts a download, things slow down to a crawl unless I have him limit the download speed in µTorrent.

Back
Top Bottom