Program startup issue

Celticsfan

Banned
I am looking for a way to start a program like a minute or so after my pc starts up. I can't put the program in startup folder because it crashes when I do that. Is there a way to accomplish this either by software or other various ways? Please let me know.

thx

I may not have just the right program for you there. But I can point out why you are seeing the program crash when placing it in a startup folder. The program(unnamed, whatever it is) was never written to load along with Windows but to be run once in the Windows environment.

Possible solution? You would need a schedule type utility of some type set for a certain time of day when the system will already be running to see the program automatically started then. One of those just happens to be 12Ghosts Timer seen at http://12ghosts.co.uk/ghosts/timer.htm

Problem is though I want it to start like a minute after the system is started which could be at different intervals.

With the program you recommended, does it have that capability?

Perhaps if you mentioned what type of program it is that would help here. Is it a full retail software or a small program you downloadeded?

You may have to manually create registry entries or set it to start at one time like 6pm whether you start the system up at 2, 3, 4, or 5pm. That's how any schedular would work.

What was that? It would be interesting to take a look at. At least that will allow Windows to finish loading for you before starting up the program you want running.

Back
Top Bottom