Computer upgrade proposal to my Boss

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hello,

My work computer is very old and at times can be very slow loading. Seeing how almost all the companies are loosing money right now, the owner will not agree to purchase new computer, so what I'm at least hoping to get is a RAM upgrade and with your help perhaps something more. I will create a proposal and send it to my manager.

Here are my current specs taken from CPU-Z,

Intel Pentium 4 (521) 2.80GHz
MOBO – Dell Inc. model – 0H8052 Chipset i945G/GZ rev A2.
RAM – DDR2 512

The only thing that I can see that can be upgraded without having the company to spend to much money is the RAM, this is what I will focus on. Using the system scanner tool from the www.crucial.com website I found that I have a Dell OptiPlex GX520 Desktop/PC . Here is the link where it gives me suggestions for the compatible RAM sticks. http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/viewscanbyid.aspx?id=7EA6D41331D926C3 The prices look VERY cheep, and I just wanted to see if there is a better RAM out there that can be compatible with this system and should I get 1 stick of 2GB or 2 sticks 1GB each?

Also if you have any other ideas how I can speed up this PC please let me know. Here is what I have already done. 1st Registry Booster scanner. 2nd CCleaner 3rd Disk Defrag 4th Spybot scanner. 5th Virus scanner. 6th MSCONFIG startup 7th Disabled unnecessary services.

Thanks.

I would suggest this: Crucial 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300). It's pretty much the same memory as shown on the Crucial site, but much cheaper with free shipping.

Other than the steps you've already taken, adding memory is just about the only thing you can really do to help the performance of the system beyond overclocking it. But I wouldn't suggest overclocking it. The boss wont be happy if something goes wrong.

:D

That's a great find Rooster! Thank you & you 100% positive it compatible right? By the looks of it it, it is; but just want to be sure. I will go ahead and submit this to him today.

+1

Back
Top Bottom