Invalid Drive L:\???

Plaid.exe

Baseband Member

Every time I boot up my computer I get this pop up that says "instaling..."
and then another pop up that says "solution center" and in the duologue box it says; "invalid drive L:\"
I get about a dozen of these every time I boot up, and then it bitches at me for having my printer turned off, and then I get three more...
how can I stop this from happening?
I run Windows XP Home edition V 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600..
Any help would be appreciated.

it just happened again when I tryed to burn a cd... then said that the cd could not be written.
I've looked threw the FAQ at the windows web site and can find no useful information.
Why is this happening? and how can I fix it?

Are you on a guest account? This is similar to what happens to me when i log on my dad's computer on the guest account. Well at least the dialog box with the words 'Installing . . .'.

Other than that, it might be a virus. Try doing a scan with AVG Free or whatever anti virus you have installed. Also update your anti virus before you scan.

No, it automatically sings me in as the administrator...
I scan with the latest version of McAfee at lest twice a week, and I get no new detected files. I deleted all the quarantined files... if this is the results of virus damage, what steps can I take to correct it?

do you have a memory card reader? if so try putting a card in it.
my old laptop used to do this. was fine with a card in it :confused:

OK, so I got a "HP Update" and when it was done installing a familiar dialog box popped up... this time it gave me a error number, I haven't seen it in months so I made a point of 'writing' it down;
"Error 1327. Invalid Drive: L:\"
@Dude, I'll try that.. any in particular? I got MMC/SD, USB 2.0, SmartMedia/xD, Compact Flash 1 & 2, and Memory Stick/Pro ports in the chaise face (tho I never use but the MS/pro and the USB). And are you suggesting that I save the updates to the card then transfer them to the hard drive?

following what you and dude said, try putting a MS/pro card in, and go to my computer and see what the drive letter is. if it is indeed drive L, you know that it is just the reader.

i meant put it in drive L. mine used to say invalid drive E, then when i put a memory card in the slot it would work. im not sure why it did this, as it always used to play up.

Ok, I put a flash card into Drive L... it tryed running something, I don't know what it was too fast for me to read it. After all that a duologue box popped up with:
"an installation package for the product Solition Center
cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid
copy of the installation package 'SolitionCenter.msi'."
I hit cancel, but it just ran again, and again, and again, and again.
After about half an hour of the same thing, I removed the flash card, and restarted my computer...
Is this "solition center" an important file that I should look into, or could I find a way to disable it?

Back
Top Bottom