Dawn of War: Warhammer 40,000 II - Multiplayer Beta!

NEED WOW NOW

Daemon Poster
I would try it if I was a fan, but I'm more into WoW because I've been into the Warcraft series since I was like 6 lol

Is it similar to WoW?

(i only play a couple months every year so no im not an addict :p)

EDIT: Nexus, you beat me to it :D

a unique hybrid of RTS and consistent RPG

That's what it's being called. It's an RTS with a bit of RPG etc - Forgot if there was any first person aspect to it but it's one of those really good RTS game out there. Personally, I think its better than CoH's

O.O

Dawn of War - 8.8 GameSpot and IGN
Dawn of War - Dark Crusade - 8.8 GameSpot

"It's boring?" How the hell is it boring!

It's a great RTS! If you think CoH is better, then would you like to know that CoH copied DoW's resource aquiring method? The original DoW came out in 2004, CoH came out in 2006.

And have you ever played through the whole story modes? I hate it when people dismiss a game completely with a two word saying and don't explain why -.-'

Edit - Here's the link to the download if anyone is interested - http://store.steampowered.com/app/15660/

O.O

Dawn of War - 8.8 GameSpot and IGN
Dawn of War - Dark Crusade - 8.8 GameSpot

"It's boring?" How the hell is it boring!

It's a great RTS! If you think CoH is better, then would you like to know that CoH copied DoW's resource aquiring method? The original DoW came out in 2004, CoH came out in 2006.

And have you ever played through the whole story modes? I hate it when people dismiss a game completely with a two word saying and don't explain why -.-'

Edit - Here's the link to the download if anyone is interested - http://store.steampowered.com/app/15660/

im not comparing it to another boring game.

im comparing it to starcraft.

i can play DOW with one hand...

T_T

If you read that link up above you would have found out that the game is much more stragty based. They completely got rid of tons of things.

To make the whole game quicker, they got rid of 'workers' that build things. Now you get a Headquarters defended with two turrets, while the Headquarters creates all your units. There's a lower population count but after playing it for an hour it's changed to a much quicker gameplay pace.

My brother said it was like CoH now but it's completely different. Two resources(Requisition and Power) which are located in nodes around the map along with critical points that turn the 'morale' type bar in the top. Since HeadQuarters are hard to destroy it's better to take these points instead of attacking the headquarters.

The game is completely different now and it's not slow paced like other RTS's.

T_T

If you read that link up above you would have found out that the game is much more stragty based. They completely got rid of tons of things.

To make the whole game quicker, they got rid of 'workers' that build things. Now you get a Headquarters defended with two turrets, while the Headquarters creates all your units. There's a lower population count but after playing it for an hour it's changed to a much quicker gameplay pace.

My brother said it was like CoH now but it's completely different. Two resources(Requisition and Power) which are located in nodes around the map along with critical points that turn the 'morale' type bar in the top. Since HeadQuarters are hard to destroy it's better to take these points instead of attacking the headquarters.

The game is completely different now and it's not slow paced like other RTS's.

an hour is way too long, thats like sins of a solar empire already... there are MANY much more fast paced games than this one... warcraft3, although slow in my standards, is MUICH faster and much more demanding than this.

waaay too slow. the fact that there are no workers make me even more bored.

theres autobuild. why does the player even need to play? is this like a dumbed down game that allows casual players to steal games over more experienced players?

Oh I just realised your talking about 40k lol I thought you were talking about Warhammer Online...

I played DoW at my friends house, it's okay, I prefer Warcraft III but who knows maybe I didn't play it long enough ;)

Back
Top Bottom