Just picked this up, what do you think?

can't believe I forgot that as much as we've been talking about psus lately...

:D

My point was proven. I don't know whether you were trying to prove it or not, but you built a system that is a little nicer (better case, overclockable, probably better motherboard, but no power supply and mouse/keyboard). If you were to add them it would be arond $750 shipped, which is $100 more than the one he bought. W7 would be a bad idea to use on this new build as a primary OS. If it fails he's screwed.

trying to prove a point...? um, no, didn't you say build a system with those specs/parts...? I actually think the HP deal was a good deal, though I would never buy a prebuilt, it's just not me...

trying to prove a point...? um, no, didn't you say build a system with those specs/parts...? I actually think the HP deal was a good deal, though I would never buy a prebuilt, it's just not me...

Well I was trying to prove a point vs 63083. You just happened to be the one to post the system lol. If you read back from the beginning he said that the HP wasn't worth the money. So I asked him to put one together with the same parts that was significantly cheaper and he couldn't.

it's very overpriced. And HP's seem t break. I don't honestly think it was a good choice. :(

HP is a good quality computer for at-home use. Not for gaming, but they weren't meant for it.

I've had 3 HP's and they've worked great for basic work.

Good buy, imo.

that monitor alone is worth over $300 so technically thats a really good nice deal, the only manufacturer comps that i have purchased, where HP's. I still have one from 1999 or 2000 and the only thing that i had to replace was the PSU. Ive also owned compaqs, never failed on me, and ive had the 2008 elite serious, also has never failed on me. That monitor is really good, just bad if you have a lot of light in your room and your watching a movie or something because everything reflects back to you a lot. I have the same monitor, only a 19inch and i love it.

Got it today, the computer is nice and the 22" widescreen is amazing. The computer is fast and quiet. Things load up nice and fast mostly in part to the 6gb of ram installed. Very nice system and I am happy with it. Need to uninstall some of the HP software yet, but thats all part of the deal.

Oh and on the link it shows the original price of $849, I got it with the rebates at $649 (all instant rebates, $688 with tax)

Back
Top Bottom