Dual channel working

thanks atomic for replying.. Ill look in to that. CPU-Z help out and told me what i needed to know

If you have them in the color coded slots and they work, you are running in dual channel. I don't believe too many motherboards accept single channel sticks in the dual channel slots.

If you have them in the color coded slots and they work, you are running in dual channel. I don't believe too many motherboards accept single channel sticks in the dual channel slots.

but some boards take DDR memory and run them in single channel (the motherboard actually doesn't support dual channel, but uses dual channel memory, go figure), watch out for that in the TigerDirect barebones they sell for cheap...

but some boards take DDR memory and run them in single channel (the motherboard actually doesn't support dual channel, but uses dual channel memory, go figure), watch out for that in the TigerDirect barebones they sell for cheap...
Dual channel memory operation is wholly dependent on if the motherboard supports it or not. Technically, any matched pair of memory modules may be used in dual channel operation. Modules rated at different speeds can also be run in dual channel mode, but the motherboard will run them all at the speed of the slowest module. Some motherboards have problems running different speeds of memory together, which is why it's recommended to run matching modules of the same speed and capacity.

Back
Top Bottom