Need opinions on future build

I've always wanted to get an Intel processor, but I use AMD because it's cheaper and overall far better at overclocking. You should highly consider the Phenom II 940 though.

I recommend you edit that post ASAP or else you will get neg. repped (not by me). Anyways, go with the MX-2.
Did he recommend AS5?

And just when this thread is coming to a conclusion, I'm just gonna say I'd go with a Phenom II 940 BE. The motherboard and RAM will make the overall system much cheaper whilst keeping up with the i7s in games.
790GX + 2x2GB DDR2 1066

Did he recommend AS5?

And just when this thread is coming to a conclusion, I'm just gonna say I'd go with a Phenom II 940 BE. The motherboard and RAM will make the overall system much cheaper whilst keeping up with the i7s in games.
790GX + 2x2GB DDR2 1066

Not to mention has a really good combo deal with the motherboard....and has easily been hitting 4 Ghz on air cooling....

I just recently started getting into the Phenom II. I'm not going to change my opinion however. I haven't looked at the Phenom II architecture, but I do know that it's very similar to the i7 (considering it was posed off of it). But again, he's got the money to go with the i7, so why not?

I just recently started getting into the Phenom II. I'm not going to change my opinion however. I haven't looked at the Phenom II architecture, but I do know that it's very similar to the i7 (considering it was posed off of it). But again, he's got the money to go with the i7, so why not?

yea, but i dont like AMD, i dont have a reason why, i just prefer intel because im a big name brand type of guy, AMD is big but latley they have been laying people off, including over 3,000 workers in 2008 and i have not heard anything on intel, and if someone has let me know but i rather go with a company i have been using all my life and a company that wont go broke anytime soon. Im sure AMD is not going broke but laying off so much workers shows a weakness to me. Not bashing AMD or anything, i just prefer Intel

I'm gonna be going with the GTX 280 for sure, but I think I'll stick with the i7. However, I came across a slightly cheaper mobo, and I need an opinion on which to get, and btw i might be getting this sooner than I thought, like possibly Mid feb to early march.

FIRST MOTHERBOARD:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188039

SECOND MOTHERBOARD:
http://www.amazon.com/Intel-DX58SO-...JONM/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_c/190-8345100-2674802

i rather go with the Evga one, its supposed to be really really good. Intel doesnt really make mobos that are to good, atleast thats what all of the reviews ive seen on newegg and other sites on their previous boards say. I rather go with the Evga one though

i rather go with the Evga one, its supposed to be really really good. Intel doesnt really make mobos that are to good, atleast thats what all of the reviews ive seen on newegg and other sites on their previous boards say. I rather go with the Evga one though

Yea, last time I checked you couldn't OC most Intel boards...someone would have to confirm that though. But I'm assuming if it's true, it's because they want people to have to buy their top of the line stuff instead of OCing their "pretty good" stuff...oh well, what can you do?...everyone's out to make money.

Yea, last time I checked you couldn't OC most Intel boards...someone would have to confirm that though. But I'm assuming if it's true, it's because they want people to have to buy their top of the line stuff instead of OCing their "pretty good" stuff...oh well, what can you do?...everyone's out to make money.

IIRC you can OC the high end Intel boards...

Back
Top Bottom