Is this worth it?

Depends on what you are going to be using it for...Its kind of outdated but for the price it's a pretty good setup for everyday use like email, web surfing, homework and stuff like that. Its not going to be something you want to get trying to max out crysis or anything like that. but has some potential with a few upgrades to be a really decent system..Another thing is that the MoBo was an open box item and is no longer available so the price is going to be a little higher than that now too...but it is a good starting point and with a few changes and upgrades can be turned into a nice rig on a budget....

Edit***Don't forget unless you have an OS already you can use you will need to buy that as well

It's alright, I wouldn't say crazy though. The motherboard is out of stock anyway. Spend a few extra bucks and get a better processor and motherboard, and also you forgot a video card.

Yea, I just saw it on newegg when i was searching around. But I remember when it wasn't even possible to build a computer for that much. Just thought it was crazy. I guess you are right about the outdated but still pretty weird.

It's alright, I wouldn't say crazy though. The motherboard is out of stock anyway. Spend a few extra bucks and get a better processor and motherboard, and also you forgot a video card.

the motherboard had onboard video (D-Sub and DVI), it would've been a decent little build for everyday stuff, just not gaming...

the motherboard had onboard video (D-Sub and DVI), it would've been a decent little build for everyday stuff, just not gaming...
Ah, well I wasn't able to see the specs for the motherboard on newegg since the combo deal was gone or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom