Since more people are getting on board...

Rubber314Chicken

Golden Master
I think we should brainstorm ideas to turn this place into a jumping party.

I for one would like to see an updated version of Vb, a paypal donate link (where its made clear that donation doesn't guarantee membership), the links under the blue bar at the top that don't do anything removed, formatting in sigs (no pics, just formatting), and then maybe some more smiles, and other simplistic add ons.

Also, I think that the logo should be redone to look modern without straying too much from the current look, and be made to fit within that blue bar all the time.

Also, ArrizX had a good idea a while back about rearranging the forums such to condense them more (I mean think about it, how many posts are there in anything but general computer help and the social lounge?) and then divide them into more helpful categories, like software help and hardware help. I think that moving the social lounge under the computer help section would also help keep the idea that this is a computer forum instead of a chit chat forum.

as much as we want, because this IS a SUGGESTIONS FORUM.

I dunno about you but if I ran a forum I'd let the members make suggestions in the suggestions forum.

I agree with most of those ideas. We could also split up the whole hardware section into a CPU/Motherboard, GPU, and other parts sections. Although not necessary, it could prove helpful if we get more members going in this place.

I agree with most of those ideas. We could also split up the whole hardware section into a CPU/Motherboard, GPU, and other parts sections. Although not necessary, it could prove helpful if we get more members going in this place.

See, currently we have a processcor section, but its rare it gets use. I see more generally split sections being better, because that's less stuff in the DB, and then we don't have people feeling left out after posting their server question in the server forum and it doesn't get answered.

How many times are you guys going to keep bringing this up?

I used to think the same. But why shouldn't the members be able to have their say?. It is the suggestions forum this is what it is here for. And there are a few good ideas there. I agree 1 or 2 of them have been said no to and probably shouldn't be repeated constantly. I just hope David replies and throws around some of his ideas and suggestions.

Personally a couple things i would suggest is...
Get rid of the post count in the social lounge.
Make rep only available in the help sections.
Fix that ridiculous looking crooked wrong coloured banner.
Get rid of those links at the top...they don't work , why are they still there?
Add a dedicated section where members can submit tutorials.
Lower or get rid of the report post time limit.

I have other ideas but I am not sure the powers to be will take a whole lot of notice.

I used to think the same. But why shouldn't the members be able to have their say?. It is the suggestions forum this is what it is here for. And there are a few good ideas there. I agree 1 or 2 of them have been said no to and probably shouldn't be repeated constantly. I just hope David replies and throws around some of his ideas and suggestions.

Personally a couple things i would suggest is...
Get rid of the post count in the social lounge.
Make rep only available in the help sections.
Fix that ridiculous looking crooked wrong coloured banner.
Get rid of those links at the top...they don't work , why are they still there?
Add a dedicated section where members can submit tutorials.
Lower or get rid of the report post time limit.

I have other ideas but I am not sure the powers to be will take a whole lot of notice.

I agree with some of the ideas rubber chicken said but some comments on Lownsdey

1) Why not? We're socializing? I disagree.

2) Rep isn't all about helping people. In the social lounge you can rep someone for being nice, taking care of a situation and helping with stuff that aren't related to computers.

3) Agreed!

4) I know they are useless and just make the site look more messy.

5) This could work out :\

6) Agreed, I don't even have to explain ^_^

We all have some good ideas here, if David is busy we could have 1 or 2 more mods or promote someone to Admin. But that's a whole different story...don't get off topic >_>

Back
Top Bottom