Woot Woot!!

superman22x

Golden Master
Got a letter from Michigan Tech today...
I am getting 12k off the 19,800 price for out of state. And if my mom takes a class at the school, I get in state tuition which is about 12k a year...
I was pretty pumped, haha. Even though Michigan is third on my list after Platteville and South Dakota School of Mines...

Attending college outside of the State you live in costs more than going to a college inside your own states borders. I think what he's saying is that he got 12k knocked off of his out-of-state tuition cost. Correct Superman?:p

i go to city college for about 20 bucks a unit.:D and my school is ranked fairly well for a cc. i like it. yah college is a lot for out of state people, we have a lot of foreign people and they pay a whole lot more.

SUPERMAN!!!!! I'm going to apply to Michigan U - Ann Harbor next year. It's around the bottom of my list, but hey! if I go there, we'll be relatively close I think. That'd be kind of cool to have a CF member close to where I live. Closest here is Bullzi if I'm not mistaken, but he's still a 2 hour drive or so away.

Really? That would be cool, haha. I have a friend who wants to go there actually.

Basically, Michigan Tech costs $19,800 a year for tuition + room and board if you don't live in the state of Michigan. If you do live in the state, it costs around $12,800 I think. But if a family member is an alumni, you get instate tuition. And if my mom takes a 3 day class over the summer, she becomes an alumni according to them. So if she takes a 3 days class, my tuition is less then $1000 a year. Considering I have about $20,000 saved up so far with all my family members... That's not too shaby, lol. I just don't know if I could stand winter from October to May. And Freshman year is student teachers or something...

Well I just went on the site of Michigan Tech, and was slightly disappointed when I saw the tuition. My mom told me the numbers I saw before. But she was pretty far off... Out of state is like 34k, and instate is the 19,800 number she had...

Back
Top Bottom