Need opinions on future build

It's the i7. 4 Physical and 4 Virtual cores. The atom is a laptop processor designed for lower power consumption.

that cant be counted as 8 than because the i7 only has 4 cores and 8 threads, atleast from the specs i have seen on sites, unless i didnt look at everything but that is what the intel site says to.

and yea now that i look at it, getting the i7 would be a smarter idea, Gkill you should get the i7 940, you should have enough more for everything.

that cant be counted as 8 than because the i7 only has 4 cores and 8 threads, atleast from the specs i have seen on sites, unless i didnt look at everything but that is what the intel site says to.

and yea now that i look at it, getting the i7 would be a smarter idea, Gkill you should get the i7 940, you should have enough more for everything.

You read correctly. The 4 virtual cores I talk about are created from the HyperThreading technology. Since you didn't specify the kind of core in your earlier post, I thought right to include all.

Well, today I talked to my friend who builds his own computers and he also backed up getting an i7, so I will be getting the i7 940. However, that brings me to ask, should I get Vista 64 or 32-bit? I like the 64-bit, but from what I've seen it doesn't look too viable to get just yet. and will the 750W PSU be enough for everything I'm considering getting.

Memory

Motherboard

Video Card

Disk Drive

Hard Drive

Processor

Also, all that + the PSU i was looking at, the case, and thermal compound comes to 1890.94. Haha so im just under my budget.

Ahaha okay I see my mistake now, thanks for the Info ahah.

My new total is about 2,110.92. So that looks about right, I will just wait a few months for the prices to hopefully drop a bit. But I am excited about this build haha.

Sorry If I sound like such a newbie hah

well i strongly suggest getting 64 bit vista because 32 bit vista wont recognize more than 4 gigs of ram in your system. Get the Corsair 750TX for the PSU, that PSU is very nice. It has really good ampere on a single 12v rail which will be nice for overclocking and nothing will be unbalanced. That mobo will be insane though, same thing with the CPU, but than again, give it another 4 months and you wont have the best anymore, though you will be able to run games perfectly fine for around 2 years or so before you change to a newer card

Okay thanks, Tech, I think I will get the 64-bit, especially to check out the half-life 2 for 64 =). The only thing I wanted to ask, and this may sound dumb, but do most 32-bit games function with 64-bit, or is there a list somewhere of compatible games?

You read correctly. The 4 virtual cores I talk about are created from the HyperThreading technology. Since you didn't specify the kind of core in your earlier post, I thought right to include all.

ahhh alright, man i wonder how beast the i7 extreme is. I have never owned an extreme version of an intel CPU before, but someday i am hoping to. Not much of an AMD guy so yea

Okay thanks, Tech, I think I will get the 64-bit, especially to check out the half-life 2 for 64 =). The only thing I wanted to ask, and this may sound dumb, but do most 32-bit games function with 64-bit, or is there a list somewhere of compatible games?

i think all recent computer games are compatible with both versions and probably old to. I ran Fallout 2 on my pc and i got the 64 bit version, F2 is pretty dang old to lol. So i dont think it matters but i may be wrong

Back
Top Bottom