Can I reduce temperatures in my Laptop?

Pensioner

Beta member
When I play Free Mahjong Planet:cool: – a simple game--on my HP 530 Laptop, its Core temperature climbs to 70°C:( .
I use Speedfan to monitor the temperatures.
During any other activity Speedfan records between 50°C and 60°C .
As far as I can find out the processor – an Intel Duo T2500 2.0 MHz running Vista Business – should have a maximum operating temperature of 40°C.
Can anybody help me?:confused:

First thing I would suggest is getting a better program such as HWMonitor or Everest to monitor your temperatures. If these better programs read a high temperature, you could always buy a cooling pad.

First thing is what surface are you using when you operate your laptop?
If you have it on the arm of a chair or couch or sitting in your lap or on the covers when in bed, you can be blocking the air vents. That chokes off the air to the inside of the case and things can and will get toasty in a hurry.
Intel cpu chips normally when they get overheated will throttle back to a lower state in an attempt to cool down. If that doesn't work and temps continue to rise, it will shut down the chip to keep from having a thermal runaway.
So check where you park it when you use it for starters. Also make sure the vents are clean. Dust bunnies will clog up the air flow.

Try buying a cooling pad...I suggest an Antec. My roommate got one and hasn't had a thermal or production problem since.

My HP seems to run a little hot as well. When there is a lot of activity going on it has climbed to as much as 69C, thats sitting on a desk. Normal temps are around 50C.

Back
Top Bottom