Need help overclocking my Q6700

Don't go buying a new CPU cooler as there is a very slim chance that your motherboard has any overclocking options at all. Get into your BIOS and get back to us.

keep running prime untill they stop rising your temps as long as there under 78 your fine (your computer will shut down before it can cause itself harm)
to get into bios when you start your computer usually it says hold esc or f10 or something like that

keep running prime untill they stop rising your temps as long as there under 78 your fine (your computer will shut down before it can cause itself harm)
to get into bios when you start your computer usually it says hold esc or f10 or something like that

alright well i ran it for around 6 min and it got up to 77C, and than i stopped the test, it seemed to still be rising so yea

you should not be over clocking until you have a new cpu fan
im on stock as well but i dont go past 66 and thats on 100% 30 mins

you should not be over clocking until you have a new cpu fan
im on stock as well but i dont go past 66 and thats on 100% 30 mins

ya, i guess ill just wait, but what do u think i can oc it to while still having the cpu stable ?

tell me how and i will tell you
During POST, you will be prompted to press a key if you want to enter the BIOS, the key will be indicated at the bottom of the screen. Mine is DELETE, but yours may be different.
You need to do this before you do anything else, there's only a tiny chance your motherboard will have any overclocking options at all since it's from HP.

Back
Top Bottom