How in the world? Hdd problems

Half Evil

Golden Master
Okay, I was using Windows 7 beta, and I have a 150gb internal hard drive. After putting my music and windows on it, I should have about 110gigs left, because that is all I put on it.

But, I didnt think much of it, because it was a Beta, so I made note of it to MS thinking it was a glitch. Making it think there was less then then there actually was.

Anyways, I got a new Creative Blaster X-Fi Xtreme audio sound card and it wouldnt work with Windows 7. Neither did my wireless adapter, so I decided to down grade to Vista. So I did, and and now I am running Vista Ultimate.

So after deleting my Windows 7 partition and installing Vista, right after installing the basics on my computer no music or anything, I only have 25 gigs out of 150.

What gives?

check to see if there is a 'windows.old folder' on the c drive..if there is you can delete that as long as you have your other stuff backed up.

I have two.

Windows.old
Windows.old.000

So, I can just delete both said folders. Everything is backed up and saved to mybook drive which is a 500gig usb external.

Both of which are just over 50 gigs.

yep when you do an install of vista...and i am now assuming windows 7 it puts all the current data into a .old file. As long as you dont need any of that data they are safe to delete.

How does it do that when I delete the partition before I install it?

Thats weird. Well, I have everything backed up I wanted. Only thing I forgot (went from xp to win 7, clean partition, no upgrade) was my bookmarks from FF.

Any chance I could find those... I'm going to look quick...

should still be there. I got back a heap i stuff once that i forgot to save before reinstalling.

I'm looking, but I dont know what the bookmarks would be labeled as, or under under Mozilla Firefox in program files.

For vista they are stored in

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\profilename\bookmarks.html

dunno bout windows 7

Well, I saved the entire firefox folder to go through another day. I'm deleting the rest.

Thanks a ton. And I did repsond your PM.

Thats for Xp

c:\Documents and Settings\[your XP user name]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
* There should be a subfolder there called bookmarkbackups. Find the most recent bookmarks html file in there (usually with a date after the 'bookmarks' bit.

Back
Top Bottom