New Build

Whatever you reckon pal, I have my opinion.

I reckon you're a **censored*** you needs to mind his own business. How would you like it if I called you a liar, when I don't even know you? I keep forgetting I have to tell you everything I do in my life. I sold 2 of my guitar amps, tutored some kids, and fixed some computers for people I know. Would you like to know anything else. I reckon you need to stop criticizing others, when you don't even know their story.

okay... getting back on topic.

It depends on when you are actually going to start the build. You have to take that fact if you want to use DDR3 ram if you want.
If you dont want DDR3, then go for the Phenom II, but if you want to try out DDR3, then get the i7. Unless you are willing to wait till AMD releases their AM3 products.

Heres some benches for the Phenom II
http://www.extremeoverclocking.com/reviews/processors/AMD_Phenom_II_X4_940_920_3.html
http://www.extremeoverclocking.com/reviews/processors/AMD_Phenom_II_X4_940_920_5.html

They didnt compare it to the i7s though. They said the AM3 are going to be released in early Feb, which will cost quite a lot at first, but after a few weeks or so, it will go down.

I would probably wait till they release the AM3 products, and see how they compare with the i7 series within its price range, and then justify my answer.

I guess I'll wait. I'm in no rush. This will give me a good chance to save up a bit more money. I just want some rough prices and ideas for a build. That way, I will have a good idea what to get when the prices do go down.

o hai guise eryfing k?

The Phenom II 940 usually matches or beats the i7 920 in games if that's what you're most worried about. The Phenoms seem to do really well in games compared to the i7s for some reason, OC like crazy too.

o hai guise eryfing k?

The Phenom II 940 usually matches or beats the i7 920 in games if that's what you're most worried about. The Phenoms seem to do really well in games compared to the i7s for some reason, OC like crazy too.

Is it better to wait for the AM3 products like Teny suggested? Or, just go for the i7 since I do a good bit of editing?

Back
Top Bottom