vista issue.

Fully Optimized
So my friend let me use his Vista CD and it was an any-time upgrade version and he said that I should install it without the CD Key and when in the trail, upgrade with CD Key but when I I try to, it gives me this error message (code: 0xC004F061). Any help?

This is the Microsoft explanation

LINK

When I clean installed Vista Ultimate Upgrade I used the two install method, I'm too lazy to type it all out but basically you install once without the key then reinstall and put the key in, it is all explained in detail in the link below

LINK

Good luck

ok. so i reinstalled from within vista and it just said that upgrade version was not available. so now i have lost all of my data and i need to reinstall windows vista. and then do this whole thing over again. :mad:

?

You read the linked article didn't you?

You didn't back up before you did a clean install? It is called a clean install for a reason you know.

I guess you've learned a valuable lesson from this, bad luck but lesson learned

?

You read the linked article didn't you?

You didn't back up before you did a clean install? It is called a clean install for a reason you know.

I guess you've learned a valuable lesson from this, bad luck but lesson learned

Haha..tisk tisk. Blatant disregard of information from a top forum contributor...he'll read more closely next time :D

Hard lesson to learn.

Positive rep to True Folder for good advice, shame it wasn't followed.

I actually did back up important files and downloads onto my 8 gig flash drive but I was messing around with my OS for about 4 hour last night. But all is good now.... except COD2 doesn't work anymore. And don't know why. :(

Thanks for the guide... it helped in the end.

Back
Top Bottom