Some kind of Error When I Start Comp

my guess is that his RAM slots aren't fried and that maybe the CPU fan header's sensor is broken...

if the fan is spinning and your temps are good there should be an option in your bios to ignore all alarms and boot up normally...

wol-va-rine -
You must have missed the part where the warning says "System Fan Has Failed". I initially missed that too. The OP may be correct in his assumption that it may be caused by the fact that he no longer has the case fan attached to the mobo anymore.

I also checked the HP BIOS options and didn't see anything to disable the fan warnings.

Well, I still think it is the ram slot. Seeing as I had the same error from an HP board and it turned out to be the RAM slot.

why do you continue to think I don't know anything about these boards that always seem to fail for me.

63083, why are you forcing the situation? Just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean the brand is bad. Ever since you started posting on this thread you're mention the memory slot. It doesn't have to do with the memory slot. Unless all that I've learned about computers is wrong, a CPU fan error doesn't have to do with memory. Get over the fact that you had bad units.

fine. but that is also what the HP tech support and repair statement said. They changed the bios config and disabled the bad slot and the computer never had any more probs.

why do you continue to think I don't know anything about these boards that always seem to fail for me.
It's not that. You need to consider all possibilities when try to help someone diagnose a problem. Not just center on one single issue because you happened to have a similar problem. You could be right, but from what he has described, it's quite possibly something else.

It's not that. You need to consider all possibilities when try to help someone diagnose a problem. Not just center on one single issue because you happened to have a similar problem. You could be right, but from what he has described, it's quite possibly something else.

OK. Well thank you for you kind response. So, what do you think it could be?

Back
Top Bottom