Using different theme for vista, possible to go back to original aero scheme?

peteyboy22

Baseband Member
Hey, i just downloaded a theme for windows vista, but, i'm afraid if i change to that theme, i won't be able to change back to the original vista aero theme..

does anyone know if i will be able to revert back with out rolling back my system?

Yes you will be able too.

Right click your desktop
Select Personalize
Select Theme
Choose whatever theme you want

..well, last time i got swiched to windows basic [emulator], and i had to use my system recovery to get aero back [but that wasn't a problem cuz i only had the computer for a day]

but would you help me install a theme i downloaded?? The terms used in the instructions are to advanced for me..

It varies by the theme. Usually you just extract the theme and its folders/files to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes. Then, you go to Peronalize>Theme and choose the theme you want. BUT, they are all labeled Windows Vista Aero (or Home Basic). SO, you just click on one and it should give you a little preview of what it may look like.

If the new theme just shows the windows classic/basic interface, then you have to patch your UXtheme files: http://www.winprj.net/board/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=274

Back
Top Bottom