Camera mic/Boom Mic

well if there is a way to get a 1/8" line in you could buy a cheap little behringer preamp and then run the 58 to that into the camera.

Canon HV30 is going to be our main camera, our backup will be my Canon Elura 80.

hv30 has a 1/8" input

Canon_HV30_Ports1.jpg

what mode are you going to be shooting in?

k well i found this for you

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Rode-VideoMic-Vi...EW_W0QQitemZ280303975282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH

We honestly don't know the full potential of the camera, but we will be shooting on HD-mini-DV tapes, on an HD setting...

So you think a shotgun mic would be the way to go for shooting dialogue scenes in a movie?

We honestly don't know the full potential of the camera, but we will be shooting on HD-mini-DV tapes, on an HD setting...

So you think a shotgun mic would be the way to go for shooting dialogue scenes in a movie?

don't waste your money on "HD" mini dv tapes. the regular ones are exactly the same. its a marketing gimmick.

And yes, a shotgun mic is the best choice for dialogue unless you have the money to spend on clip on mics + broadcaster/receiver boxes

also, make sure you shoot in 24p (24 frames per second progressive) because you don't want interlaced footage, believe me.

Oh, he insists the HD tapes increased qaulity.

I will have to figure out how to use that 24p mode.

Oh, he insists the HD tapes increased qaulity.

I will have to figure out how to use that 24p mode.

lol they record the same way. Its a digital signal, not analog. Thats just like insisting that monster brand HDMI cables are better than 12 dollar HDMI cables from the local electronics store. A digital signal cannot degrade in quality :)

24p mode, its called like cine-something or some shit like that

Ok, sweet. I think we got the 24p mode one, lol. I read about canon's "24p" mode though. Its 18 progressive frames, then 12 interlaced frames. So it's not real 24p. But a program called Neo Scene, can fix it apparently.

Ok, sweet. I think we got the 24p mode one, lol. I read about canon's "24p" mode though. Its 18 progressive frames, then 12 interlaced frames. So it's not real 24p. But a program called Neo Scene, can fix it apparently.

no no no :p it IS real progressive mode, but to record to tape, it has to do 3:2 pulldown or whatever its called, which results in the 18 progressive + 12 interlaced. You can undo that..
http://eugenia.gnomefiles.org/2007/07/13/canon-hv20-24p-pulldown/

my dvx100 does the same thing except its a little easier to remove the pulldown

Oh, ok, I gotcha. That process seems pretty complicated... I could probably figure it out, but my friend will do most of the editing, unless we are forced to use iMovie at school. And he is quit stubborn, and will not be convinced to go through that process. It takes quite a bit of nagging to get him to even edit or do something that's due soon... He has no idea of time it seems...
And to think, he wants to become a director... He will learn the hard way that being stubborn gets you no where... cause he is too stubborn to learn it now.

Does that Neo Scene program fix the pulldown on its own?

Back
Top Bottom