Some kind of Error When I Start Comp

you got one of those hp boards.... no wonder your slots fried. I think you would really enjoy a new mobo.

Umm 63083. . .
How the hell would you know if his RAM slots are "fried"? Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Techmaster05 -
When you run HWMonitor, it should display the fan speeds directly under the temps.

Umm 63083. . .
How the hell would you know if his RAM slots are "fried"? Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Techmaster05 -
When you run HWMonitor, it should display the fan speeds directly under the temps.

here ill take a pic for you cause i dont think it does and no i do not think my ram slot fried, it would have warned me by now and im not getting any memory errors

UPDATE: I did not want to make it smaller so im just going to give you a direct link to the picture because i dont think an image this big is allowed to be posted
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i37/techmaster05/My Photoshop Work/Screenshot.jpg

Umm 63083. . .

Well, you will get a lot of error messages and sooner our later your computer will not boot up and you get bios beeps because a ram slot fried or broke. It is actually a really simple diagnosis. And having ram slots fry on HP boards has happened to me every time when I buy HP and Compaq computers. It really does get fricking annoying buying new motherboards for supposedly good HP computers.

Well, it seems he's only getting the one error. Everything else is running fine.

I had a look through the BIOS menu for HP systems and there is no section that displays the fan speeds and CPU/system temperatures.

Well, it seems he's only getting the one error. Everything else is running fine.

I had a look through the BIOS menu for HP systems and there is no section that displays the fan speeds and CPU/system temperatures.

Atomic- it's only 1 error now but with time, I would bet that he will start getting memory errors when he tries running programs.

And those are some things I don't like about HP's. It's not a problem... just a minor annoyance.

hmmm im not sure, in my old case i had one hp fan that was connected to one of the little pin things or w.e on the board, now i dont, that may be the reason why im getting this error message but it would be nice to just not have that message come up every time. Ill be upgrading to a new mobo, im currently looking at some Asus boards but specifically at the GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P because it has a lot of usb and other ports in the back which i need. Plus the reviews are nice.

Im still thinking about that because I kinda rather buy a new mobo when the next CPU is released by intel, that way i wont have to buy a new 775 socket and 1366 later on. But i do want to do some over clocking, CPU wise and GPU wise when i get the 280

I bet you that's it. It does say "System Fan" and not "CPU Fan". If you still have that other fan, try connecting it to that header and see what happens.

Atomic- it's only 1 error now but with time, I would bet that he will start getting memory errors when he tries running programs.

And those are some things I don't like about HP's. It's not a problem... just a minor annoyance.

hmmm i dont know, ive never really had any problems with hp, i still got an hp from 2000 or was it 1999, dont remember but the only thing that i have changed in it, was the power supply. Ive also used a Compaq from 2006 and its still running, only thing i upgraded in it was the ram, havnt replaced anything in it that has failed. The latest HP i used was the Elite serious from 2008 and never had problems with it. Some units are defects i guess, and u seem to be the unlucky one, just like the 360 users. Ive had mine for about 3 years now and im on my 3rd one, my friend has had his since launch like me and its still running.

I bet you that's it. It does say "System Fan" and not "CPU Fan". If you still have that other fan, try connecting it to that header and see what happens.

yea ill try that out later, im sure thats why im getting the error, if not that than screw it, everything seems to be running fine

hmmm i dont know, ive never really had any problems with hp, i still got an hp from 2000 or was it 1999, dont remember but the only thing that i have changed in it, was the power supply. Ive also used a Compaq from 2006 and its still running, only thing i upgraded in it was the ram, havnt replaced anything in it that has failed. The latest HP i used was the Elite serious from 2008 and never had problems with it. Some units are defects i guess, and u seem to be the unlucky one, just like the 360 users. Ive had mine for about 3 years now and im on my 3rd one, my friend has had his since launch like me and its still running.

yea ill try that out later, im sure thats why im getting the error, if not that than screw it, everything seems to be running fine

That is always a possibility. :( I just hope that's not the case.

Back
Top Bottom