Some kind of Error When I Start Comp

Techmaster05

Daemon Poster
Well I just recently purchased the Antec 1200 (best case i have ever had) and so i transfered everything from my old case to my new one and than i get an error every time i start up my PC. It says that a fan has failed, yet all of my fans are working fine and so is the computer. I took an image which can be seen below to demonstrate what is happening. I press F2 and than everything is fine, goes to the login and my computer is perfect. What do u think this is and can i do something about it ?

IMG_2192.jpg

Do you have the CPU fan plugged into the correct header? It's either listed as FAN1 or CPU_FAN.

If the fan is plugged in properly and keeping the CPU at the proper temperatures, you could enter the BIOS and disable the System Fan warning.

ya my CPU fan is fine and plugged into the correct header (under CPU_FAN). My CPU temperatures are also fine

Do you have any software that monitors fan speeds? If not, try this one: HWMonitor.

Have a look in the BIOS to see what the fan is spinning at. It may be spinning slower than the threshold set in the BIOS which could indicate a failing fan.

I got that error when my HP RAM slots fried? I haven't seen it since I got new motherboard.

I got that error when my HP RAM slots fried? I haven't seen it since I got new motherboard.

hmm my ram seems to be fine by looking through the glass, how can u tell ?

Do you have any software that monitors fan speeds? If not, try this one: HWMonitor.

Have a look in the BIOS to see what the fan is spinning at. It may be spinning slower than the threshold set in the BIOS which could indicate a failing fan.

hmm alright, well i have SpeedFan but this program looks better so ill download this. How do you check the BIOS now, never really looked at it to much in my lifetime.

Update: Downloaded the program and everything seems to be fine, all 4 cores are running nice and cool, same thing with my GPU and HDD

Well, I was talking about the actually slots on my motherboard, not the stick of ram themselves. When I got this message from my HP, after about a month or two, I started getting memory errors on the desktop when I tried running any program. And then the RAM slots totally fried and the computer would not turn on.

What are your fan speeds?

Oh yea, what are the specs of your system? Mobo, CPU, etc.

not sure how to check the fan speeds but here are my specs:

Mobo: Asus IBIBL-LB, Not the greatest but will be upgrading within the next couple of months (Via Link: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01324212&lc=en&cc=ca&dlc=en&product=3691066)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 at 2.66Ghz (stock speeds)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 512mb 128-bit 8500GT, will also be upgrading to a GTX 280 soon.
4gb Ram
350W power suppply, will also be upgrading it to a corsair 850TX

need anything else ?, im not sure what the company name is for the ram and PSU, i took it out of the HP i bought back in may of 2008

Back
Top Bottom