Monitor Issues

vaziri07

Baseband Member
Hi!

Just the other day, me and my brother were wrestling, and he accidently kicked my computer. Ever since then, whenever the ground shakes (step to heavily near the computer, jump, anything more than softly walking), my monitor claims to have "No Signal", and I am forced to restart the computer, which makes it regain signal. I was pretty worried it might damage the computer, so I took a look inside, but I don't really know enough to know what i was looking for...the video card seemed to be firmly secured, and I don't know of anything else that could be the problem. Any tips?

Thank you!

You should check everything inside the case. Make sure ALL cables and wires are firmly attached and connected. Check to make sure the video card is fully seated along with any other installed cards. Make sure the memory isn't loose. Make sure the monitor cable is fully attached and secured.

okay thank you..."I" myself probably wont be able to do so since I didn't really want to do anything risky myself when I checked, so my question is can any serious damage be done to any hardware in my computer (such as the video card, just got a new $200 one, would be devastated if it broke) if I simply leave it until my friend can come check it out? Thank you for the quick response :)

Back
Top Bottom