Just picked this up, what do you think?

That's a real nice system for general use.

It's a good price too when you factor in that it comes with an HP w2207h 22" widescreen LCD and Windows Vista Premium 64-bit SP1. :D

Where did you get your facts? From your ass?

I have three HP desktops that I use on a daily basis. The oldest being from 1995. All three work on a daily basis.

LOL!

Anyways, I have 3 HP's too that still work. I think the oldest is like 1998/99?

And, I have found HP to be failry good priced overall.

Well, I don't know what you guys are talking about HPs being good. We have bought 4 in the last three years and every one of them has at least 1 if not more ram slots fry. And the PSU in one of them had a 20 pin connector trying to power a 24 pin mobo. And 2 of the PSU's crapped out on me.

I really don't like HP's and vow to NEVER buy another one, regardless of how "good" it seems; both in price and power.

And, I have found HP to be failry good priced overall.

But once I figure in all of the time and money I waste buying new parts, they are horrible deals.

hey, if you guys like HP, great! I just said I would never buy an HP ever again.

Build the same system on newegg and give me the total.

E5200 - $73...

4 GB G.Skill DDR2 6400 - $40...

WD 640GB - $75...

Lite-on DVD burner - $25...

68 in 1 internal card reader - $15...

Acer 21.5" full 1080P LCD - $190...

Vista Home Premium - $100

or Windows 7 beta - free...

MSI G45 HDMI microATX - $120 + shipping...

Antec 900 - $110 + shipping...

fully upgradeable and overclockable for around $700 shipped ($600 if he runs Windows 7 until this summer and then grabs an OS)...

did I miss anything...?

My point was proven. I don't know whether you were trying to prove it or not, but you built a system that is a little nicer (better case, overclockable, probably better motherboard, but no power supply and mouse/keyboard). If you were to add them it would be arond $750 shipped, which is $100 more than the one he bought. W7 would be a bad idea to use on this new build as a primary OS. If it fails he's screwed.

Back
Top Bottom