Just picked this up, what do you think?

I think it is very nice, I paticularly like the contrast between the red and the blue :D

Your link needs work mate

;)

ooopshw8.jpg

It's good, not great...The processor is not bad, but you can't do any OC'ing so you will be stuck at 2.5GHz. The memory is overkill, 4GB would have been enough. At least it's DDR2 800MHz. If it was higher you would have seen a bigger rant lol. No graphical capabilities whatsoever. Big downer. You got a 22" and an OS which is also nice. You might have been able to build one for $50 or so cheaper. So not a big loss. For pre-built, it's a nice price. Overall, I think a worthy purchase.

edit: Link worked for me.

I think it is very nice, I paticularly like the contrast between the red and the blue :D
HP Pavilion a6712f-b PC Bundle
  • Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Desktop Processor E5200
  • 6GB installed memory
  • 500GB hard drive
  • SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe Technoloy
  • Includes: HP w2207h 22" diagonal Widescreen LCD flat panel monitor
  • Front panel 15-in-1 memory card reader
  • Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition with Service Pack 1
  • 1 year warranty
Price after rebate: $649.98

It's good, not great...The processor is not bad, but you can't do any OC'ing so you will be stuck at 2.5GHz. The memory is overkill, 4GB would have been enough. At least it's DDR2 800MHz. If it was higher you would have seen a bigger rant lol. No graphical capabilities whatsoever. Big downer. You got a 22" and an OS which is also nice. You might have been able to build one for $50 or so cheaper. So not a big loss. For pre-built, it's a nice price. Overall, I think a worthy purchase.

edit: Link worked for me.
Yeah, the 6gb might be a little much but thats alright. It's just going to be for normal stuff, not for gaming or anything real cpu or gpu intensive so I think it's fine.

it's very overpriced. And HP's seem t break. I don't honestly think it was a good choice. :(

it's very overpriced. And HP's seem t break. I don't honestly think it was a good choice. :(
Very overpriced at $650?? And I don't know what you are talking about when you say HP's break, this will be the 4th hp that I've had and no problems with any.

And HP's seem t break. I don't honestly think it was a good choice. :(

Where did you get your facts? From your ass?

I have three HP desktops that I use on a daily basis. The oldest being from 1995. All three work on a daily basis.

Back
Top Bottom