Laptop Issue

rohan23

Fully Optimized
So my friend gave me his laptop to fix. It boots up fine, but when it gets to the password screen, it freezes after the password has been entered. I'm just going to do a fresh install for him. Or, is there anyway possible to fix the current issue and keep all of his old files?

What OS is he using? I know with Vista if you reinstall it and don't format the HDD it will create a folder called "Old Windows" and you will be able to retrieve all his data. If he doesn't have Vista then I guess this can't really help your situation. I can't remember if XP does that too.

Hi,

You might want to try to log in through safe mode. Then you will be able to log in with the admin account, I believe. From there you can go to the control panel, and take care of the password issue for right now. However it sounds like there are some larger issues here as well.

Cheers!

Hi,

You might want to try to log in through safe mode. Then you will be able to log in with the admin account, I believe. From there you can go to the control panel, and take care of the password issue for right now. However it sounds like there are some larger issues here as well.

Cheers!

If it's Vista, there are no admin accounts besides those that you create. That'll work in XP though.

Did he happen to make a password reset disk?

Back
Top Bottom