Graphics driver problem

mrscherer

Solid State Member
Ok got my comp working again (thanks to the people on this forum)

But now i cant find my Graphics Driver disk, i know you can get them online im just not sure where to get them..

i found one place but when i DL and install them it tells me i have to restart my comp and after it comes back up my screen is a million colors and i cant take it above 800x600 res..

any ideas?

Thanks
~Dane

ok now i found one that worked but my colors are off, not sure how to explain it.. everything is mainly black and white with some yellow and blue :(

Hi, first could you tell us what graphics card you have, and your operating system, and will direct you to the right drivers.

You also have to make sure you uninstalled the previous drivers correctly. First uninstall them through the control panel -> add/remove programs -> Reboot in safe mode (tap F8 before Windows starts to load) and run Driver Sweeper

On the XFX site it has a slightly older version driver. It shouldn't make a difference but if it does let me know and I will post a link to the one on XFX's site.

Go to control panel -> Display -> Make sure you've selected 32 bit colour and that is your monitor is set to it's native resolution.

go to device manager and try disabling the graphics card, then reboot to your vga. go to your graphics card and enable it. then when asked for the drivers direct it to the latest drivers for the card.

Ya everything is set correctly.

Not to sure if this will help but i tried to take a screen shot of the colors on my comp and sent it to my email. then brought it up on my dads comp and the colors were all correct on his comp but not on mine. So does that mean its my monitor?

Also before i reinstalled windows i reset my bios (took out the little silver chip and put it back in) and all my colors changed then. but at that time i was only able to use safe mode and my comp wouldn't boot into windows. and Ive reinstalled windows since then so don't think that's my problem but who knows..

Ok guys i figured it out. i took out my monitor and plugged my dads in and it went to normal colors. Guess i have to buy a new monitor now :(
Thank you very much for all your help!

Back
Top Bottom