converting avi to dvd

BroncoBuddy82

Solid State Member
I am having trouble converting european avi movies to american dvd. From googling the subject all I could find out is that different regions use different code. If any one has any feedback on the subject it would be greatly appreciated.

It's true that each region of the world has a different dvd region as does each player. But i'm not learned enough to know much about burning in a specific region.

I am having trouble converting european avi movies to american dvd. From googling the subject all I could find out is that different regions use different code. If any one has any feedback on the subject it would be greatly appreciated.

Europe uses PAL (as does most of the world IIRC), and the USA uses NTSC, winAVI lets you decide whether you want to encode it into either format for the DVD...

Yea but different countries use different dvd region codes.
dvd_region_map.jpg

How do you burn a disc so it is instinctively compatible with your region.

Europe uses PAL (as does most of the world IIRC), and the USA uses NTSC, winAVI lets you decide whether you want to encode it into either format for the DVD...

how do you chose what format in WinAVI?

The problem I am having is that when ever I convert a movie from Europe and burn it never works on a dvd player. But when I do an american movie it works fine.

use a program called convertxtodvd. It works great. When you install it say your dvd player uses all versions and any movie will work fine.

Back
Top Bottom