Suggest a Power Supply

DarkVenom

Baseband Member
How many wattage power supply (or any specific) would you recommend for a machine like this:

Intel i7 920 w/ Thermalright 120 Extreme RT
EVGA x58 Motherboard
6GB OCZ Gold Memory DDR3 1600 Latency 8
EVGA GTX 295 1792MB
2x Seagate 500GB 7200.10
Lian Li PC-V1010B Case

That's a serious system, don't know what your budget's like, but I'd go with this ABS Tagan 800W. It's got 2x6pin and 2x8pin PCI-E connectors.

Also, the i7s only have a DDR3 1333 memory controller, you can use 1600, but it's just a waste of money. Just get 3x2GB of 1333 and save some money.

You could save some money on the mobo too, the MSI Platinum also supports SLi.

Thanks guys

How about this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817815002

Edit: I forgot to say I want it to be modular. Also, the ABS Tagan is too flashy for me.

Guys, I'm about to place my order. Would this Xigmatek work fine? I like the looks on it, but not sure on the performance.

It's $100+ in savings compared to the Antec.

actually it's only about $70 cheaper, $220 shipped vs. $125 + shipping, and that signature series Antec is one of the best psus out there, the Xigmatek is a psu from a cpu cooler company and really has no track record to speak of, not saying that it isn't a good unit, just that it hasn't been around long enough to be a proven top choice...

actually it's only about $70 cheaper, $220 shipped vs. $125 + shipping, and that signature series Antec is one of the best psus out there, the Xigmatek is a psu from a cpu cooler company and really has no track record to speak of, not saying that it isn't a good unit, just that it hasn't been around long enough to be a proven top choice...

Unfortunately for my country free shipping doesn't count, infact I'll have to pay more than $100 for the shipping of the components (not including the case, which would up it to $170+)

I'm going with the Antec.

The Xigmatek wouldn't be bad. It's actually manufactured by CWT, and is identical to the Thermaltake Toughpower and Corsair VX lines.

Back
Top Bottom